machine paint

hello I am in the process of restoring a 12" craftsman lathe and need to repaint it. I would appreciate any tips on type of paint to use on this
project.
Thanks in advance.
Check on eBay under Automotive Paint. There is a guy on there selling acrylic enamel for $35/gallon. I bought some to paint the frame/suspension of my project truck with. I had a wheel that I painted with it and decided to sandblast a few days later....Tough as iron. Later, WEIMER

Normal to use is equipment enamel most hardware stores and wallmart even. This is what your machine was originally painted with!
Ken