Shipping advice?

Hello all, I was referred here by a friend.

I looking for shipping solutions for shipping a metal working tool from another state to me.

The unit will be on a pallet and about 250lbs.

Looking for a reliable, easy to work with, resonable shipper.

Thanks ~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

This is not a shipping company news group!!!

John

Reply to
john

Thanks, I got that link from the guy that referred me here.

I called them, and they are pretty reasonable.

Thanks, ~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

( Crossposted to: < rec.crafts.metalworking > )

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

They are a broker house but get you the best rate on all types of shipping... I have shipped big machinery at very reasonable rates with them.

Say hello to Sam..

John

Reply to
john

Try freightquote.com

Reply to
Tony

Freightquote.com is really good. Charlie

Reply to
Bogone

Forward Air is not easy to work with, but they can save you some money. Yellow Freight is very easy to deal with and reasonable. I would definitely check freightquote and maybe look for other shipping brokers as well.

Reply to
ATP

You've run into one of my (and many others...) pet peeves. I know this has been brought up before, but, when you ask for advice about services, supplies, machines or whatever might be available, please tell us where you are. Many of us have had experiences with various shippers and are more than willing to help. But experience with, say, a West Coast regional shipper moving something from California to Utah doesn't have much applicability if you are in Florida...

Jerry

Reply to
<jmfoster711

My very strong suggestion is to call freightquote.com. They are super professional and also offer extremely reasonable rates. They are not a shipper, they arrange shipping, and so they negotiate good discounts.

I shipped two items with them, for which the recipients paid. Freightquote handled everything in a superb manner and I thought that the rates were quite sensible.

Ignoramus4718

Thanks for the help everyone.

~kjpro~ BTW, not sure if this will post to both groups as the later didn't show on my list.

Reply to
~KJPRO~

My name is Ruben Flores I own a Shipping company in Texas and will give a cheaper price that no one can match. We can save 50 percent off UPS and FED-ex prices. We can ship anywhere in the world at anytime. If you need a quote please feel free to call at 210-364-5333 or e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com. We will need to know the weight, where it is going and how fast you want it there. If interested please contact me.

Reply to
Logistic Solutions