Latest threads in ⏣ Metalworking Craftshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

chasing dial
Can someone tell me what the purpose of a chasing dial on my logan 10" is? I don't see how its used. Thanks Geo.
1
1

source for DXF files or G-Codes ?
I am a total newb to CNC and I am wondering if there exists a repository of simple shapes in DXF file format or G-Codes for such things as sprockets, rack and pinion, etc ? The type thing I am looking...
5
5

FA: Ed Fowler Knivemaking VHS video
For auction on ebay: The Design, Construction & Function of the Using Knive (52100 Steel) : Bearing to Blade to Finished Knife with Ed Fowler 122 minutes VHS video
1
1

9 X 20 Lathe
Do NOT buy a 9 x 20 lathe they come from china and are very poorly made and the engineering is of a bad quality. They sell under different names.

I Was Cleaning House...
I posted this on Sept. 15, but Teranews "lost" my post so I'm sending it again now that their servers seem to be working... *** BEGIN *** Cleaning house today... Free used Kennametal 9/16 Double Angle...
3
3

parts for an old logan lathe
i'm looking for 30 t gear (idler) any ideas? Geo.
1
1

looking for belt material
I am looking to restore an old metal lathe. I cant find a source for the drive belt material and the wires that hold it together. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Geo.
4
4

Found a good deal
Found a good metal chip magnet tool for chip removal Well built. In Sears catalog. 14 and change. Its a good tool if you do metal work you should have this tool. I think it is made in China. But works...

3/16" rod
I have a piece of 3/16" rod aluminum,what is the closest size threading die I can use. Is 10-32 allright?

Looking For Detailed Drill Press Specs... Will Pay For Info.
I'll PayPal or postal mail a check (USA) $15 to the first person who can answer my needs for measurements on the following machines: MAKE / MODEL: Central Machinery / 39955 MSC / 73277352 MSC /...

Pants for Metalworking
Here's a random question: What is the best clothing to wear in a metalworking shop? Durability, fit, price, etc. I can't wear denim to work....(crazy dress code) but would like to not burn through 4...
1
1

2 position hinge
Hello, I am working on a device that incorporates a hinge with 2 static positions. When the hinge is opened there is resistance to movement up to an apex point whereup the hinge accelerates itself to...
1
1

Troy Built Horse older engine blow up. What to do.
I have an older model Troy bilt horse. )I belive 1982. It is 6 horse electric start. I was tilling yesterday and it made a metallic sound then died. It has no compression when pulling the recoil...

Principles of Direct Current Machines (1923)
Principles of Direct Current Machines (1923) By Alexander Langsdorf Additional information and photos of this book are available on this page: Description: McGraw Hill, New York, 1923. Hard Cover....

Manual of Steel Construction (1988)
Manual of Steel Construction (1988) By The American Institute of Steel Construction Additional information and photos of this book are available on this page: Description: American Institute of Steel...