Can an *alternator's output ripples be seen via a sound input waveform § software ?

para 28 says * can be checked via an oscilloscope ( neither I nor any shop I know in town have ). Has any1 here used § ( on a pc ) & a resistor ( to reduce voltage of input ) to check an *'s output ?

Reply to
TE Chea

Encrytion of your question is unlikely to get any answers.

Please re-phrase your question in english, using standard ASCII if possible.

Reply to
Stuart

I Have done it with a scope so if your PC gadget looks like a scope it will work (high impedence A/D converter). You should be able to see a bad diode pair but sunce they are sold as a set I am not sure it is much more than gee whiz info. If you have the alternator apart it is not that hard to check them with a meter.

Reply to
gfretwell