Correct way to write 24 hour-time? Decimalpoint too.

| >Serverproblemer | >Vi beklager. Vi har i øjeblikket problemer med en server. Vi arbejder på | >højtryk for at løse problemet, så websitet kan komme op igen snarest. | >

| >Tak for din tålmodighed! | >

| Nee: Der tages forbehold for ukorrekte datoer og klokkeslæt på denne | hjemmeside. | It works! | C.

Now it does. I haven't a clue what that double dutch means, but I think there was a server problem with the site when I tried to access it. ;-)

This site is a little nicer:

We Brits are superb at coordinating time to Greenwich Mean Time.

Androcles.

Reply to
The Sorcerer

Server problems

We are sorry.

We do have a momentary problem with an server.

We work with high speed (lit. high preasure) to solve that problem.

This website can come op by itself again (?) (Don't know what "snarest" means :-)

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks!

It's no longer GMT, it's UT now :-)

Have a look at our Swiss solution:

C.

Reply to
Charles D. Bohne

Seems as if you may have referred to babelfish or similar.

"snarest" is probably double dutch for "asap" and means Soon Now, Any Realistic Estimate (of) Snafu Time? -- SNAREST. The kids in the back seat say "Are we there yet, are we there yet?" and dad says "snarest".

I suspect "op" is "up", possibly mistranslated by Unicode (UTF-7 or UTF-8) or Windows (ISO)

| Thank you for your patience. | | >Now it does. I haven't a clue what that double dutch means, but I think | >there was a server problem with the site when I tried to access it. ;-) | >

| >This site is a little nicer: | >

| Thanks!

You are welcome. It's kinda neat, showing the terminator without Arnie Schwarzenegger starring in it, but unfortunately it is geared to the geocentric universe, the sun is shown going around the Earth. At least the yankew .gov bureaucrats put England, the first state, in a central position even if they got their physics wrong and joined Einstein's Flat Earth Society.

| >We Brits are superb at coordinating time to Greenwich Mean Time. | >

| It's no longer GMT, it's UT now :-)

Ok, the next time I drive 30 miles to London I'll be sure to go via Universal Studios

meet Arnie Schwarzagovner instead of passing Flamsteed House.

| Have a look at our Swiss solution: |

| Ok... Now that is a little beyond the cuckoo clocks Einstein was checking patents for typos while he wrote his cuckoo transformations and blamed Lorentz for them.

Could you check these for typographical or other errors for me please?

(I've found one in "Then sue me if you have the courage, "Professor" Baez, I'm calling to [should be you] a lunatic.")

Androcles.

Reply to
The Sorcerer

"Charles D. Bohne" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

"snarest" means "as soon as possible" (one of several ways to write that in Danish, could also be "hurtigst muligt")

Reply to
John Christiansen

No, I did it out of hand, and it's not Dutch ... 'cause I speak Dutch, it's Danish.

I am willing to accept the rest of your post as a somewhat strange way to say "thank you"... Ok, you are welcome. C.

Reply to
Charles D. Bohne

Thank you, John! So in German that would be "schnellstens" ... :-))

C.

Reply to
Charles D. Bohne

| > Server problems | >

| > We are sorry. | >

| > We do have a momentary problem with an server. | >

| > We work with high speed (lit. high preasure) to solve that | > problem. | >

| > This website can come op by itself again (?) | > (Don't know what "snarest" means :-) | | "snarest" means "as soon as possible" (one of several ways to write that in | Danish, could also be "hurtigst muligt")

The Yanks like a Danish. All their food seems to come from somewhere else for some reason. Danish pastries, English muffins, Italian bread, German sausage, Swiss cheese, Scotch whisky....although bagels seem to be just bagels and pizza is just pizza. Even their courgettes are zuccini. It's kosher, though. Androcles

| > Thank you for your patience. | >

| >>Now it does. I haven't a clue what that double dutch means, but I think | >>there was a server problem with the site when I tried to access it. ;-) | >>

| >>This site is a little nicer: | >>

| > Thanks! | >

| >>We Brits are superb at coordinating time to Greenwich Mean Time. | >>

| > It's no longer GMT, it's UT now :-) | >

| >>Androcles. | >>

| > Have a look at our Swiss solution: | >

| > C. | |

Reply to
The Sorcerer

Danish is double dutch, isn't it? Anyway, it's all greek to me.

BTW, snipping is the equivalent of throwing the chess board in the air when you see checkmate is inevitable. Rather graceless, witless, stupid and you lose anyway. Androcles

Reply to
The Sorcerer

Chuckweasel is the master of the snip-n-run.

Reply to
Art Deco

"Charles D. Bohne" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Yes that is correct ....... :-) JC

Reply to
John Christiansen

| >Danish is double dutch, isn't it? Anyway, it's all greek to me. | >

| >BTW, snipping is the equivalent of throwing the chess board | >in the air when you see checkmate is inevitable. Rather graceless, | >witless, stupid and you lose anyway. | >Androcles | | Chuckweasel is the master of the snip-n-run.

Show me a relativist that isn't. Humpty Roberts does it, Babbling Baez does it.

Androcles.

| | -- | Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler | Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy | Co-Winner, alt.(f)lame Worst Flame War, December 2005 | | "And without accurate measuring techniques, how can they even | *call* quantum theory a "scientific" one? How can it possibly | be referred to as a "fundamental branch of physics"?" | -- Painsnuh the Lamer | | "Well, orientals moved to the U.S. and did amazingly well on | their own, and the races are related (brown)." | -- "Honest" John pontificates on racial purity | | "Significant new ideas have rarely come from the ranks of | the establishment." | -- Double-A on technology development

Reply to
The Sorcerer

Ignorance is bliss?

No Mr. Androcles, you lost.

I am not "snipping" but "quoting" - and what I use from your letters is up to ME.

C.

P.S.: You have a rather strange way to say !thank you!

.. but then not being able to even understand languages of your very own language family may make you feel graceless, witless and stupid ... so I can understand your frustration.

Reply to
Charles D. Bohne

What the fu*k is a "relativist"? Someone who speaks more than one language? Or someone who lived in more than one town/county/country?

C.

P.S.: I am proud to say I did, and still do!

Reply to
Charles D. Bohne

Isn't it just wonderful that we have all these different views and languages in Europe? Look how limited you become when living in the States, only.

C.

Reply to
Charles D. Bohne

You have no idea what passes for humour in these newsgroups, do you, troll?

I am not snipping too and what I use is up to ME, Chu*kweasel. Androcles.

Reply to
Androcles

A relativist is one who supposedly believes in the "religion" of Special or General Relativity [*], usually applied by a person who does not believe in the experiments which substantiate Special or General Relativity, and the specifications derived from calculations therefrom, e.g., Global Positioning Satellites, the Large Hadron Collider, and various astronomical assumptions based on the theory.

In short, many of are SRians/relativists. Androcles aka "The Sorcerer" is not.

This is not to say SR and GTR are cast in stone. It's a good working assumption, however, and has been for many years.

is a commentary on some of the tests that GTR has thus far passed.

[followups to sci.physics] [*] it is worth noting that GTR includes SR as a special case.
Reply to
The Ghost In The Machine

Your newsreader (and your own memory) should be able to tell you what previous posts there have been in a thread.

There is no need for a single posting to carry the whole weight of a 20 or more deep nesting of replies. How does that baggage help anyone?

Snipping is the way to go for clarity. (Assuming you want your post to be clear.) GNKSA should help you out with some guidelines in case you need them.

Reply to
Anxo

On Sat, 27 May 2006 16:24:09 +0100, Alex Coleman Gave us:

Aside from math... there are international standards for time measurement and declaration.

Yes, it does include the seconds.

Try this link, and scroll down to page 5...

Then, for your own country:

Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 27 May 2006 16:24:09 +0100, Alex Coleman Gave us:

Not that I ever observed.

You're starting to scare me.

Again, it is news to me.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 27 May 2006 18:25:02 +0100, Alex Coleman Gave us:

Huh? They utilize the same standards.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs