DC Wave Questions

Nothing was deleted!

The style may be proper by your standards - certainly not mine - but the [content] is dead wrong. Nowhere did I refer to Don. We were talking about The Phantom.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

John Fields

No he didn't.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Sorry, your time's up.......

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Is this the five-minute argument, or the full half hour?

"Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse
[some stuff]

Problem is, you're losing miserably... ;-P

Reply to
Pig Bladder

NSM

So? Did anyone claim there was?

Bud's useage meets widely accepted and well known English. What *you* think about it is immaterial.

Provide some context that demonstrates it then, because it doesn't appear to be what you are now claiming.

Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

The only person that matters here is Don, and that he knows I didn't insult him.

Get a life.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

Reply to
John Fields

I apparently did not make myself clear. My comment was not about Don Lancaster, nor did my post in any way allude to Don Lancaster, nor did the post I WAS commenting on refer to Don Lancaster.

Bud's post did not make a damned thing clear by screwing up and adding adding "[Don Lancaster]."

Did I make it abundantly clear?

On the other hand, it's nice to hear he did it using proper style.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Reply to
John Fields

The boiling and freezing points are pressure dependent. Not only that, a certain amount of heat must be lost or gained (latent heat, I believe, is the term) before the change of state occurs. I am simply going by memory of my old Physics classes, and I have no idea what pressure would be required to allow water to boil at 0 C. I think other substances have boiled at lower temperatures than that at STP though.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

"Tom MacIntyre" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Strictly speaking, the change of state occurs as the latent heat is transferred, not after.

If you peruse the phase space of water at

will see that there is no liquid/vapor boundary at 0 oC. At a range of pressure well below standard atmospheric, it could happen near 0.01 oC.

John's challenge is a bit of a trick and appears to show he knows how to read that graph and accompanying table.

Reply to
Larry Brasfield

Good one, John!

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
John Fields

Why should he or I? The error wasn't ours and I for one don't need to prove it to anyone. You are out of line for asking for it.

In other words, go research it yourself.

Don (B)

Reply to
Don Bowey

Reply to
John Fields

Are you saying that it could happen at 0.01C but not at 0.00C, because you see something in that chart which says water is liquid at 0.01C and not at 0.00C?

I don't see that in the chart at all. The chart does not have sufficient resolution. It doesn't discuss that in the text either.

Did you mean something else?

Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

The answer of course is: not much.