Disappointed

It is clear that it is your intention to troll.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

It is clear that it is your intention to troll.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean
  • Airy R. Bean

One clearly does not post pdf-files on Usenet. On the other hand, one does quote properly.

Reply to
Jon Haugsand
  • Airy R. Bean

No, that is not true. One edit the previous texts so that _only_ what is necessary remains.

Reply to
Jon Haugsand

But only the other day you were asking in usenet for urls that pointed to a 1924 paper that you were interested in.

So, how were you going to make that work?

What happened between then and now? Another ISP failure?

Reply to
Spike

But not long ago you were asking in usenet for urls that pointed to a

1924 paper that you were interested in.

Ah, yes, here it is, 14 Nov 2004 in comp.dsp:

"Airy R. Bean" wrote: "In pursuit of this objective, I am having difficulty in finding on the web, an original transcript of Nyquist's

1924 paper, "Certain Factors Affecting Telegraph Speed", or a retyping of it without others' commentaries. Can anyone provide a URL?"

So, how were you going to make that work? Do you, or do you not, 'follow web leads from usenet'?

What happened between then and now? Another ISP failure?

Reply to
Spike

You are absolutely incredible. You were told the last time we tangled that I wasn't a male. You still haven't corrected that error. [emoticon studying strange animal that is

100% untrainable].

/BAH

Subtract a hundred and four for e-mail.

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Curious document. At the start you define delta to be that gaussian - that's simply redefining what the term means, which really makes it kind of easy to prove whatever you want...

But later you say we have to let sigma -> 0. So you really meant that delta is the limit (in some sense - the correct sense is "in the sense of distributions") of that gaussian as sigma -> 0. _That_ is of course exactly correct, and it's no surprise that if you do that then the Laplace transform comes out to exactly what it does using the much simpler argument from the actual standard definition of delta.

In case you're curious, there's a standard way to prove what you prove in that pdf, which is both simpler and much more powerful. Let's say g_sigma(t-T) is that gaussian function. The result follows immediately from the following three properties of g_sigma (the proof is more powerful because it works for _any_ family of functions satisfying these three properties):

(i) g_sigma >= 0.

(ii) int g_sigma = 1.

(iii) If a > - is fixed then

int_{|t-T| > a} g_sigma(t-T) dt -> 0 as s -> 0.

************************

David C. Ullrich

Reply to
David C. Ullrich

Posting binaries in a text newsgroup would have a negative effect on his popularity.

************************

David C. Ullrich

Reply to
David C. Ullrich

ohh beanie, how lovely you are!

crystal thinks so too!

Reply to
James Bond

ohh beanie, how lovely you are!

crystal thinks so too!

Reply to
James Bond

ohh beanie, how lovely you are!

crystal thinks so too!

Reply to
James Bond

What insane rambling is this? Surely you realize that if you gave up top-posting, you would be revered as a saint, admired and listened to as though you were Einstein and Newton combined with Gauss?

Reply to
Torkel Franzen

Stupid boy.

Was it your >

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

I'm sorry to hear that you are content to ramble insanely, when you could be the darling of the civilized universe, just by ceasing this absurd top-posting.

Reply to
Torkel Franzen

Stupid boy.

Was it your >

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Surely not! I believe you are a genius, if you could only stop top-posting.

Reply to
Torkel Franzen

Sorry. Don't know how! Do you have a valid e-mail adress, then? Mine on Usenet is valid. But, in order to avoid '/etc/dev/null' as for SPAM, you should mail me with 'SCI.MATH' in the subject.

Han de Bruijn

Reply to
Han de Bruijn

I hope you understand that the document is taylored to Mr. Bean.

As a matter of fact, I'm curious ...

OK, until now.

What does 'a > -' mean? And what is 's'?

Han de Bruijn

Reply to
Han de Bruijn

Han went to considerable effort to put a nice looking PDF together with great-looking mathematical typesetting, and you won't be look at it? PDF files are not know to have viruses so it's safe.

The PDF format lends itself to mathematical formulas much more so than a text-only environment. If you really are seeking mathematical truth at all costs, then I wouldn't think reading a 3-page PDF would be a stretch. If you prefer, e-mail me off-list with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you directly.

Reply to
Jon Harris