Airy R Bean

Hi Guys,
"Airy R Bean" in his various guises of socket puppet has repeatedly directed comments at my daughters on the basis he considers them 'fair
game' for such contact because the appeared in a news report in RadCom (a legitimate and respectable amateur radio magazine) following their various successes in the Foundation and Intermediate examinations.
He has also posted comments, under a different false name, following the Soham murders, in particular " other people's children are always so selfish, noisy, and inconsiderate of other's property that one or two going missing might do wonders for the attitudes of bad parents?". That suggests a less than healthy respect for the welfare children. In fact, he seems to consider them 'fair game' in any vendetta he may undertake. A vendetta based on no more than his own failings and inability to learn.
Now, newsgroups are a forum where abuse is par for the course and, I for one, don't get upset by much of what is said about me. If I did, I'd play elsewhere.
However, "Airy R Bean" goes far beyond that and his fascination with my family, especially when coupled with his comments re the Soham murders, is a disturbing matter.
He gets aware with his activities because we tolerate him, when we don't need to. Abuse reports have already been sent to those in his ISP supply chain, namely:
snipped-for-privacy@ycos.co.uk The Email address he is currently using. snipped-for-privacy@network-i.net The company that supplies his virtual ISP supplier snipped-for-privacy@Uni-Berlin.DE His news server.
If. like me, you are tired of his activities, I urge you to complain as well. Although many of you know his real identity, all you need do is complain about his assumed one. His IP address with do the rest and he can't claim defamation without revealing his identity in public, thereby admitting to his postings.
I've little doubt he will 'reappear' elsewhere- with another ISP and possibly identity- and we may have to repeat this process but, eventually, it will become apparent to him and his family that his activities are not acceptable.
Brian

and the point of posting this trash is.......?
LIAR!
I have been put on the defensive by a scurrilous, continued, gratuitously insulting and quite unnecessary campaign from you. Your post yesterday in which you made gratuitous reference to software engineering and other non-contemporaneous matters is evidence of such. The gratuitous remarks that you make in your posting below are further evidence.
Grow up, Mr Reay!
I have _NEVER_ considered your daughters to be "fair game" but have only referred to them in an exhortation to you to behave in a manner more relevant to a public forum.
Seemingly, those appeals have fallen on deaf ears.
His news server.

can't
admitting

You mean like you using various anagrams of Brian's name in your headers... creepy, creepy Gareth..

Yeah - very true - and it would be one way for Gareth to end his petty vendetta against Brian.
It's about time Gareth took a dose of his own medicine and GREW UP!

Whether you consider his daughters to be fair game or not is irrelevant, the very fact that you keep on bringing them up in your replies proves that you are not a gentleman, and also instills a worrying image of yourself to the rest of the newsgroup.
Isnt it about time you grew up and started acting like the gentleman that you keep on saying you are, if you have a problem with Brian then keep your comments aimed at him and stop refering to his children.
Cheers Chris - G0TOO
You are quite wrong. That I have never considered Mr.Reay's daughters to be fair game is entirely relevant and a rightful defence to Mr.Reay's assertions to the contrary.
As to references to Mr.Reay's children; he has published details of them in a similar forum to this one, and to the same intended audience. It is entirely relevant to draw Mr.Reay's attention to the fact that his rather silly and childish outbursts in a public forum will reflect rather badly on his children whom he is intent on exposing to the same audience.
To the contrary, it is entirely gentlemanly to appeal to Mr.Reay's conscience that his public tantrums should be better thought of. It is entirely gentlemanly to seek that his behaviour should be civil and polite and not the rather silly and infantile abusive tirades that were his wont.

more
the
you
your
All outgoing mail is checked using
Sophos Anti-Virus

tell
any
"Airy R. Bean" wrote:

Nice to see you have given up top posting. There may be hope for you yet.
Andy, M1EBV
No, I don't agree with that - if Mr.Reay contemporaneously publishes details of his family and exhibits behaviour in public that does not correlate with what one expects from a family man, then it is a matter of public interest that there should be comment, and very public comment at that.

In another post you claim that you publish nothing that would warrant criticism laid at your door by me.
I suggest that you review that comment in the light of your gratuitous and unfounded attack below.

any

Thats just the point isnt it, its not unfounded it is a fact, if you like the facts then why dont you cancel the messages that incriminate you, its easy to do you know, if your using outlook express highlight the message you want to cancel then click on message in the menu bar and select cancel message, this sends a cancel notification to the newsgroup servers.
Cheers Chris - G0TOO
Come on now, OM, you asserted that I was having tantrums and was being uncivil and impolite. If "it is a fact" and "not unfounded", then produce your evidence.
Otherwise you're just going round in circles, in somewhat silly infantile circles, and making yourself appear to be a fool.
You are reminiscent of the child in the school playground who is NNNNNing from behind the safety of a wall.

Seriously, no-one on uk.railway cares about any of this nonsense. Thanks.
-- *** http://www.railwayscene.co.uk/ *** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)
I don't think that anybody cares for the venting of Mr.Reay's spleen, nor for the hordes of birdbrains twittering along with him.
However, I reserve the right of reply in defence.
Apologies to those who've been exposed to the onslaught of infantility and irrelevance from the denizens of uk.radio.amateur and uk.rec.models.engineering!
Who'd have thought that expressing sentiments about what is, or is not, Ham radio, or the difficulties of driving stepper motors from a Windows PC could have caused such childish outbursts!

The same as people who post their name, address and telephone number in a sig file.
HTH tox

It would appear that Gareth Evans is still the same disruptive nuisance as the one we were caused to release from employment at Westinghouse.
David
in message

same disruptive

from employment at

Do tell us more please.

Spare uk.railway - we really couldn't care less.

Site Timeline