Does coating stranded copper wire with solder cause any issues or break any codes?

Some people don't know any better. We must pity them.

Spokesman

I totally agree with you, however Roy Boy does not.

Spokesman

"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Dang Roy... abusive language and a failure to address the issues is not doing yer cause any good... can you address those. Others will be you know.

Soldering crimped connections is standard in many aspects of industrial wiring... I just posted the technical links.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

errrr Roy? You are labling yourself badly with such language, then refuse to address the issues, not impressive.

Reply to
Phil Scott

Roy has some other issues going on.. some who do only houses, with romex etc are unaware of the high end issues. that seems to be his situation. With the kind of approach Roy shows to life he wouldnt do well in the high end markets... if he cleaned that up though and studies some, he could probably double his wage by learning something about controls and industrial applications.

Phil Scott

Phil Scott

Hey Roy... the money is on the professional end of the market... professional behavior will get you there... here in SF a good controls electrician can earn 80 dollars an hour... a house wiring guy maybe 20 max.

In your area is probably a similar situation... you have a chance to learn and advance and have the money to buy hot cars and houses etc.

You would find that way in life ends better all around than the option you are demonsrating.

Best,

Phil Scott

"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Phil Scott

"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Those in the link you snipped.... any crimped connector can be soldered or not soldered.. they are not specifically designed to be soldered... but are solderable, and in many corrosive environments are soldered to keep the wire from corroding inside the crimp.

If you want the links refer to most my posts you chose to snip or new threads Ive begun on the subject.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

Roy... you have been a combination of nasty, abusive and ignorant.... you can do better. At this point the issues of soldered connections has been fully covered in the links provided... you have made your abusive and ignorant nature fully evident.

Not too many people Roy will be interested in further association with you... again there are new threads on this issue, with links and my existing posts with links on all of these issues. Your spinning and screaming is only making you look bad.

better that you understand no one knows everything...and that this is merely one tiny area that you were unfamiliar with and could or still can easily learn the new information instead of defending your fly spec of error...we all err... it is defending our error that ruins us.

If you spin your head around so that in your mind you are justified with all the vile language etc, you will have rationalized your own insanity and that will ruin your entire life and that of anyone connected with you. Bad mistakes Roy...

you have a chance to see that and maybe just let it drop...and do things differently in the future...your entire life will improve if you do..and if you study up on industrial electrical issues your income could easily double or triple.

Phil Scott

"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Phil Scott

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:09:17 -0500, "Spokesman" Gave us:

I takes a true Usenet retard to quote 248 lines of CRAP just so he can write one line of utter retarded baby bullshit.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:00:03 -0800, "Phil Scott" Gave us:

You're an idiot.

No, you retarded twit, you pasted the same shit into several posts. You are about one of the most retarded Usenet posters going. BONE UP, dipshit!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:06:13 -0800, "Phil Scott" Gave us:

You are about as retarded as it gets, boy.

You are not only insulting electricians, but you think that I am one of them.

I have been working in manufacturing, in the electronics industry for

28 years, you stupid, retarded bastard. Mainly in military, space, medical, and industrial applications, so you can go f*ck yourself... oh that's right... you just did.

Said the total retard that thinks "electrons travel on the wire surface" and "stranded wire has a higher ampacity than the same size solid wire because it has more surface area"

It is you that needs to get a clue, dipshit Phil.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I didnt say that... someone else posited the notion when asserting that soldering stranded wire into a terminal would reduce its ampacity for that reason... I merely noticed that the NEC didnt have a different rating for stranded or solid wire of the same alloy etc. even though the stranded had a greater surface area...which was the point of this persons remark.

Roy.... your behavior, trashing and spin is doing you imensely more damage than those you target, and it is doing more harm to those around you than anyone else... you are a carrier of dis-ease. ..your behavior is abusive, not the mark of a sentient person.... and the entire NG notices that....

We have posted good links and you have ignored them, chosen to spin and issue abuse, this speaks to your own lack of self respect... you have marked yourself, and its not with a badge of honor or decency..

That will not work out well for you or anyone close to you over time.

Now Roy .. I will have to leave you to your own devices.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

I'll throw some ideas at you, and some titles, my apologies, I don't have any net citations (I tend to learn from books especially if it's scientific technical), but I'll quote from my textbooks. More if you wish.

Think of rubbing an ebonite rod with dry fur.

"An ebonite rod which has been rubbed with dry fur attracts light bodies, such as small pieces of paper, and it repels another rod which has been treated in the ame way. A glass rod which has been rubbed with silk also attracts light bodies, repels another glass rod which has been similarly rubbed, and attracts an ebonite rod which has been rubbed with fur."

"A negative charge placed at any point on an insulated conductor repels electrons in the material to all parts of the surface, while a positive charge at any point attracts electrons from all parts. That is, a charge placed anywhere on a conductor effectively spreads all over it, because the electrons in the material itself are free to move. Insulators do not contain free electrons, and electrons are not easily seperated from their positive nuclei; so a charge placed on an insulator does nt spread over its surface. Ebonite, glass, mica, paraffin wax, sulphur, and dry silk are among the best insulators. Dry air and dry gases generally are good insulators in ordinary circumstances; moisture in a gas or on the surface of a solid reduces the insulating properties greatly. Electric forces act *through* (itallicised in the text) insulators, which when spoken of in this connection are called

*dielectrics* (itallicised in the text)."

Think of the Gold Leaf Electroscope.

Charging by induction.

The Electrophorus.

Faradsy's "ice-pail" experiment.

Distribution of potential and charge over the surface of a conductor.

Capacity. Condensors.

Displacement currents. "Maxwell defined the displacement current as *the quantity of electricity which is caused to pass normally through one square centimetre of the dielectric on account of the electric intensity*. If there is a surface density of charge of Q ESU per sq. cm. on the plate A, a charge Q moves across each square centimetre of the dielectric from A to Z, so *the displacement D in the medium is equal to the surface density Q on the charged plate*. The electric intensity, as the cause of the displacement, is analogous to mechanical stress, and the displacement to mechanical strain. The energy stored in unit volume of a mechanically strained elastic medium is 1/2*(stressxstrain). The electrical energy stored in unit volume of the medium is similarly 1/2x(intensityxdisplacement), or 1/2ED."

(confuses my concept somewhat)

Wimhurst machine.

Van de Graff generator.

Gauss's Theorem.

- Intensity due to an isolated charge conducting sphere (pg 35)

- Intensity close to the surface of a conductor (36)

- Force on the surface of a charged conductor (36) "The charge resides entirely on the surface, and the reason why the charge on any element is held there is that all the other charges from all over the conductor combine to produce an intensity directed outwards which holds it there. Further, as there is no intensity inside the conductor, the intensity due to the charge on the element must just cancel out that due to all the other charges at points inside the surface." goes on to say "... It remains to reconcile the two results..."

Law of inverse squares.

Definition of the absolute EMU of current "that current which, flowing in an arc 1cm. long of a circle of 1cm. radius, produces at the centre of the circel an intensity of 1 oersted." "The practical unit of current, called the ampere, is one-tenth of the absolute unit. " cf pg(110 and 323)

Heating effect of a current.

Mechanical equivalent of heat.

Electric Lamps and heaters. (178)

Electrolysis. Electroplating. (cf witchcraft, lol)

Textbook of electricity and magnetism. G.R. Noakes MA (Oxon) F.Inst.P.

(a man who could express himself without using the word 'fucktard' or 'retard' or any other derogation I can find).

London, Macmillan. 3rd edition. 1956. Maybe the times have changed.

A study of the fuse would likely be good.

Oh and Roy, before you explode like a fool, you are sacked as a tutor. Maybe I'll write you a new standard.

I feel sorry for the Original Poster, the s**te posted in here so far may have scard him off for life. "wow, look what I've done now" he thinks as the bar-room is trashed and the ladies run for cover.

I'd be interested too, I posted what I said because of studies I did while working for Philips components; working making magnets with some really illuminating chemicals, the stuff used was hydrophilic and pyrophoric, it combusted when we poured Vmto onto it! They use our little magnets inside computer Hard Dives now. The studies weren't reqired for the job, but they were interesting none the less.

Reply to
Billy H

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:42:02 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

I'd be willing to bet that it is you that does not know what the word means.

As a hint, I'll say that it is not the old reference to a person that is disabled.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:04:45 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

What an idiot.

Nice cut and paste. Still doesn't show that YOU actually know anything about it. It also has nothing to do with the post topic.

You're an idiot. An electrostatically charged insulative surface can only have the electrons pulled off by contact. Not with a single point on the surface, but only by a wiping action where ALL points on the surface get touched and only when said contact is by a CONDUCTOR.

No shit. But you did not say "a conductor" you said "an insulated conductor". Big difference, idiot.

That depends on how the charge gets "placed" and where as well.

mica is the best insulator. Glass is next. "Dry silk" is an insulator but can be easily "breached" by a voltage that is not that high.

That would depend on which gas, dumbass.

However electrostatic charges behave a bit differently. Make up your mind what you are yacking off about.

It could have been a lead leaf device. Thin gold leaf just makes the effect more visible.

Not in the above device.

The triboelectric effect. Run and look that one up now.

Who is Faradsy?

If it is a conductor, it isn't merely "on the surface" unless it is in proximity to an oppositely charged device.

You're real good at the cut and paste crap, but I'd bet you have no grasp of it.

With you, the charge is always zero, because you have no potential for anything but to cut n paste other folk's material.

Hahahahaha... See... I told you. You be idiot.

You - pile of shit.

The three nerves between the two halves of your brain have fused open, lobotomy boy.

You're a goddamned retard. The discussion has NOTHING to do with electrostatics.

He probably feels sorry for you.

Then STOP!

You be idiot.

Solder is a poorer conductor than copper. Doh!

Is that why you act like you have been lobotomized?

Rare earth magnets. You, however, are not rare at all. Idiots are everywhere. You are one in ten.

I am one in over 6 billion.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:42:03 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

You call yourself mature, or professional?

Try addressing the topic title, dumbass.

Your mother should be a jailed felon for the crime of not flushing your retarded ass, the moment you exited her retarded ass.

Thanks for displaying once again how little you know about tinned wires or solderless connectors.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:48:21 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

A piece of shit like you wouldn't know what well founded was if it bit you in the ass. From the moment you chimed into this thread, you have been wrong.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

LOL

LOL short memory problems have you?

Comments about my mother's anal retention are for her GP to make. I think you are out of your depth.

Wire? Solder? que?

Who was it who sang 'We Have all the Time in the World?'

Reply to
Billy H

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:05:42 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

You're a cut and paste repost repeat retard. This is the same CRAP you posted yesterday.

Same CRAP you already posted, redundotard.

For a piece of shit... no... you don't look good.

Fuck off, and die.

Fuck you. This is Usenet. There are no private conversations, retard boy.

Said the idiot that guesses about how wires are constructed, guesses about how they conduct, guesses about how terminations are prepped and handled. Yep. You are batting 1000 in the guess it wrong department.

EVERYONE is your better, dipshit.

Sorry but repeating the crap you posted at the beginning of this post is stupid, no ifs ands or butts.

Who would you call "a reg"? The other retard Phil? Wrong. You're an idiot.

Grow the f*ck up, and talk about the topic. Oh.. that's right, you don't know anything about the topic.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:06:07 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

snip

You're a goddamned retard, cut and paste twit.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs