Fire detection - addressable/conventional

Hi all!
I have some questions about addressable fire detection system.
-- I wonder if I still have to define alarm zones for a building
fitting with an addressable fire detection system. -- Is an addressable system more expensive to buy than a conventional one? It seems the former will be cheaper to be installed, so if take installation into account, will the final costs be about the same? -- Does an addressable system have more advantages over a conventional one?
Any of your instructions will be appreciated.
Henry