Fitting 3 prong UK plug to appliance from Asia

Hi, I bought a digital camera in Singapore recently and upon returning to the UK I noticed that it had an Asian style 2 prong plug. Rather naively, I snipped the plug off hoping I could just connect the wires to a 3 prong UK plug. But I found the cables were not normal electrical cables and were more like shielded RCA leads.

Of course, I've now snipped the plug off, so a plug-converter is out of the question. Have I got any alternatives other than paying a fortune to the manufacturer for a replacement UK plug and lead?

Cheers,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

It sounds to me like you cut off a wall-wart power supply.

What sort of connector is on the other end of the lead?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel