For Hire: NYC E.E. Technician

Charlie: you are very condescending with your suggestions.

WHERE THE FUCK DOES IT READ IN MY POST THAT VOLTAGE INCREASED AFTER DISCONNECTING IT ??????

you're the one that don't know how to read

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

Tim: you know exactly what happened then., "Q" is the letter symbol for Charge., I am not going to get into what a cap is again nor of they are de of mylar or wax paper nor their dielectric strength, nor if they work with hole

Best Wishes, Attentively };-) Roy Q. T.

Roy Q.T.

Actually it is possible for a capacitor to regain voltage, assume a large cap with a high volume of dielectric that is charged to 100V and momentarily shorted. The voltage, of course, goes to zero when shorted but would actually then recover to some value when the momentary short was removed. The energy stored in a capacitor is kept in the dielectric. The electron orbits in the insulating material are displaced by the charge. The momentary short would release the energy held on the surface atoms of the dielectric but it will take time for the discharge of the middle remote portion of the insulation. This charge can then redistriubute and "recharge" the cap. This phenomena is encountered during the high potential testing of power cables ... the cables can be shorted after the test for several seconds, the short removed and after a few more seconds a large voltage measured on the cable. Dielectric absorption.

Reply to
Vern

Yes, that was discussed elsewhere in this thread. That still does not explain a cap charged to a certain voltage suddenly having a higher voltage on it. Capacitors will develop a potential that is a percentage of their rated voltage. That percentage will never be more than 100%. Roy has either a problem with his understanding of the circuit that he removed the cap from, his measurement technique, or both.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

ok i don't understand,

nor do i now think that an amplifier circuit in a radio can boost the line current and thus the voltage in any capacitor any where in the equipment of which it is a part of ...

Thanks Charles

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

I better stick to my lowly commercial & residential circuits, you guys will only confused me ..... };-) teeheehee

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

well I'm back installing circuit breakers an detecting faults in apartments & houses.

i wonder if any of you know where else i could advertise, so much for my desire to work the high end, though the 3way sensor switches my current job asked me for aren't exactly low end.....

i need the cash mon; I like to get me a motorbike or a compact to move around easier };-) maybe even get back to the institute .....

Reply to
Roy Q.T.