Ideas to relocate a float at drift in the Ocean

Looking for something reasonably inexpensive to retrieve a float set out at sea. Would like about 2-3 mile range. If I could somehow use my FM radio that would be great but I'm open to any ideas.

JET

Reply to
JET

Attach one of those mooring buoys with the marine fm radio activated beacon. On a clear night in moderate seas you can spot these things from miles away. Some of the lobstermen around here use them to locate the start of their pot lines.

I believe they're listed the West Marine catalog.

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

Give me US$400 & US$7/month & you can look on the Internet & see exactly where it is to go & get it. :-)

(I presume you have a boat...)

Inmarsat D+.

Dave

Reply to