Very new to molding (moulding in the UK)

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to modelling after finding myself at home now. I have been looking at moulds from Linka

and I would like to try to find a way of making (or buying online) a cheap moulding medium that sets so I can work it with hand tools when set (like wood). Plaster of Paris seems too brittle for my cumbersome fingers. Has anyone found a mixture that they mould fine details with, that is inexpensive to buy, or has anyone made a magic formula they could share with me? I am not a tight-wad, I'm disabled, and funds are low).

Any help or suggestions will be really helpful to me, and thank you for reading.

Tony(UK)

Reply to
Tony (UK)

Make your master from "Plasticine" and then make your mold from latex or RTV. (whatever is available where you reside) I use long discarded Lego from my childrens toybox to make box sides for the mold.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter