In ground pool hook up

Anyone out there do pool hook ups on the side?

I have installed an inground pool with thermal pump and I would like to get the wiring done... or can you suggest someone?

DB

Reply to
Duane Boyer

I have installed an inground pool with thermal pump and I would like to get the wiring done... or can you suggest someone?

DB

Where in the world are u? Your location would help.

sQuick.

Reply to
sQuick

Is it just a pump or are you putting in a light? You should have a 3/4" PVC from the panel to the location of the pool equipment for your rough. What you pull into that pipe depends on what you are hooking up.

The guy who shoots your pool should be doing the bonding but that entails bonding the rebar in the shell to the light niche, ladder sockets, deck steel and any other metal structure within 5' of the pool's edge. That gets bonded back to the light junction box and pump motor. It is all in #8 copper.

The equipment grounding for the light and pump is #12 or larger insulated and goes back to the panel unspliced. (the code requires an unspliced ground for the light, most inspectors like to see that for the pump too).

Reply to
Greg