Looking for Low-Speed Alternator

I would like to buy a low-speed alternator (~60 rpm, 1 to 5 kW). I believe there is a company that manufactures wind turbines that makes them, but I don't think they will sell the alternator alone.

Is there a source where I can buy an alternator by itself?

Reply to
Al Smith

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Al Smith at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote on 6/6/04 6:41 AM:

I will start oiut admitting that I do not know what is available to fit your requirements, BUT it is unlikely that whatyou want is available. Size and speed are inversely related. That is why aircraft electrical power is at 400 Hz.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Rifle