Master Electrician from Michigan Living in Ohio

Hello. I am a Michigan Licensed Master Electrician living in Ohio and I am looking for information about licensing for the same credential in Ohio. About all I have been able to find is information on aquiring a contractors license. Is there any one that can help me? Thank you in advance, Jeff

Reply to
jiffyh

I am not an electrician and I live on the Pacific Coast. Nevertheless, I do not expect that I would be as helpless as you make out to be.

Obviously you have access to the internet. Try to google the terms (Ohio, electrician, license, contractor). I will be very surprised if that does not get you to the state agency that handles what you want.

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Some states do not have a "master" license. Arizona does not even license electricians, contractors; yes. Some states have city licenses like Texas

Reply to
SQLit

"About all I have been able to find is information on aquiring a contractors license." Guess you missed that statement. I know how to search the net. I wouldn't have asked if I didn't hit a brick wall. If you are not an electrician and had nothing more to say then the obvious, then why bother?

Reply to
jiffyh

I've come to the conclusion here with respect to Ohio. You have to be working with the IBEW to get a license Thanks

Reply to
jiffyh

Mob rules!

Reply to
Spokesman

Approved CEU Courses: View List of Approved CEU Courses State Board: State of Ohio Department of Commerce Division of Industry Compliance OCIEB

6606 Tussing Road, P.O. Box 4009 Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (614) 644-3493 Fax: (614) 728-1200
Licensing Requirements: Contractor (State Qualification Certificate) Requirements: 5 years in the trade prior to the date of application, or 3 years experience as an engineer in the construction industry. Exam By: ICC Passing Grade: 70% Exam Hours: 5 Application Fee: $25 Exam Fee: $70 Certificate Fee: $25 No. Times Given: Every 2 months Continuing Education Requirements: 10 classroom hours of approved continuing education each year. 5 hrs. must be code related.

NOTE: Individuals holding an electrical contractor's license whose 3 year cycle has not yet ended (hours due in 2005 or 2006) must still complete their 30 hrs. of approved continuing education by their assigned due dates. The 30 hours must be comprised of the following subject area and hours: Code 20 hrs., Business 5 hrs., Health & Safety

2.5 hrs., Technology 2.5 hrs. Renewal: Quarterly depending upon the month the exam was taken - 3/30, 6/30 or 9/30 Renewal Year: Annually Other Licenses: N/A NEC Adoption Dates: 2005 NEC adopted January 2005 Next Projected NEC Adoption Date: 2008 NEC - January 2008 Notes: Updated: May, 2005 Reciprocates: West Virginia
Reply to
electrician

Thanks for the info, spokesman. I will be persuing my contractors license. Much appreciated

Reply to
jiffyh