Maxim IC frustration - hard to find components

What part of samples may well come from a "local" office and volume shipments come from overseas don't you understand? USPS is still territorially limited by law.

Reply to
joseph2k

See my remarks to Clifford.

Reply to
joseph2k

If you look at apps circuits, they tend to be built from parts that can easily be purchased from Digikey or Mouser. Granted most companies supply eval boards, but you don't want to spec hard to get parts.

This is also

miso

Although the MAX5204 has only one package style, you still have eleven different part-number choices. Pity the poor purchasing officer.

Sheesh! There's AEUB, BEUB, BEUB+, AEUB+, AEUB+T, and ACUB. ACUB+, ACUB-T, EUB-T, AEUB-T, and BEUB+T. We have + and - for RoHS status, T for tape-and-reel, A and B for linearity, plus E and C for temperature range.
Choose carefully. It's enough to make one's head spin.

I like the way TI's web page tells us how many parts are available in each of the various package and processing versions, plus they tell us what's in the manufacturing pipeline and how far out it is.

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Document the problem in painful detail here, and I'll get it to someone on the inside.

Reply to
miso

IN CASE YOUR PROBLEM ISN'T SOLVED YET, TRY THESE TWO WEBSITES TO SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED COMPONENTS

--- ITS AN ECOMMERCE WEBSITE LIKE EBAY.COM WITH FREE SIGNUP, JUST POST YOUR NEED AND WAIT TILL YOU GET RESPONSE FROM HUNDRED OF MEMBBERS... I USED THE SAME WEBSITE TO SEARCH A COMPONENT FROM PHILIPS SEMI AND FOUND AND FOUND IT CHEAPLY

--- POST YOUR NEED HEAR AND MANY (HOPEFULLY) WILL CONTACT YOU IF THEY HAVE THE REQUIRED PARTS... THEN ITS UPTO YOU TO MAKE A DEAL WITH THEM!

BUT BE AWARE OF FRAUD CASES AND CAREFULLY DECIDE BEFORE MAKING A BUYING DECISION

Reply to
fskhan

I did not make it to the office, so I'll have to do this next week. I truly appreciate (as should Rebecca) your offer to make this happen, but my point is you should not *have to*. I have found errors in datasheets from all the major vendors; some major issues, some less so, yet I always report them, lest others have a problem. The vast majority take the report in the way it is offered; an honest statement of a simple error to be corrected, or for myself to be corrected in the case I missed something in the datasheet (that's happened, of course ;)

I remember a time when Mot SPS actually offered a bounty on material datasheet errors (some 20 years ago now, if memory serves).

Once I actually get to the office, I'll dig out the original email thread.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Good to see you around again Win.

I have pointed out the difference between Max and TI in excruciating detail (simply because TI has decided to directly compete with Max) with the point that this is what Max has to do to survive.

I have been convinced by TI (well, by the FAEs) to do a 100% TI power solution in my latest product because they are **guaranteeing** delivery (based on my forecast) of the parts required. TI are deadly serious about their entire business line, and think nothing of shipping me an EVM that normally costs $100 for nothing because I *might* design that part in. In fact, I had to talk to the FAEs (here in the UK) and ask them not to send EVMs unless I asked because they were arriving at the rate of 2 a week :)

Speaking of that, anyone in the UK (Graham and John I know of) who wants EVMs that are now surplus to me, but interesting to them can have them. I'll post a list Monday. Free to good homes in the UK. I am sure TI would approve; their parts will be in front of more people .

I often call them inquiring about such and such a part because it *may* be interesting, but I am not committed to even thinking further about it - I am merely exploring possibilities. They take this as a possible design win and **send me an EVM** even if I never use it. They care not if I use it; they care that **I have the EVM and I can see their part in front of me**.

But such things show the differences in the view of the companies; TI (and AD, National, On, lots of others) want me to design their parts in, and understand my concerns. I wish Max did.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

THERE ARE MANY CASE OF COUNTERFEEET MAXIM IC IN CHINA AN SHENZONE. BE CAREFULL AN D MAXIM WORN OF THIS PROLLBLEMS ON THERE WEBSHITE ALREADY.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

No problem, as it seems to have been screwed up for years. ;-) Just post it when you get it, then for fun we can post when it gets fixed. Well, in a different thread. ;-)

Reply to
miso

:)

this being usenet and all there's always atleast one pedant.

It's more complex than that. 10^j = exp(ln(10) * j) = cos(ln(10)) + j * sin(ln(10)) approx = -.6682 + j * .07439

Reply to
jasen