Addressable serial bus Chips (eg: 1-Wire, I2C)

Maxim has 1-Wire chips like the DS2408 which is an 8 i/o addressable chip each with a unique 64 bit ID. http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/3818
Philips has their I2C/SMBus chips. For example, the PCA9539 is a 16 i/o chip with 2 bit ID (so only 4 devices on one I2C line). http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/pip/PCA9539BS.html
Are there other addressable serial busses (ie: any fieldbus like Modbus, etc.) that have all-in-one, easy-to-use, chips???
On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 19:31:33 -0600, Brook Stevens

The SN74LV8153 chip below might be of interest. I got some free samples from TI (use the samples link), but haven't been successful in controling the chips from the PC serial port.
http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/sn74lv8153.html