My AC digital clocks run fast. Cheap fix?



Contradict yourself much, retard?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 04:05:32 -0800, Pieyed Piper

What's wrong, AlwaysWrong? Am I making the poor baby cry over mommy's spilled hamper?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

If it gets thrown off, it is NOT a successful "clock design" and therefore does not even qualify as a clock at all. So none of you idiots gets to call the failed designs "a clock" because NONE of them qualify. You got that, you idiots?
Function is a prerequisite for use of the term. PROPER function.
Which is why you are completely clueless about it. You do not know what the term function means, much less along with the modifier "proper". The latter rings true in your case in particular.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:03:59 -0800, Capt. Cave Man

AlwaysWrong is always so wrong.

Tweet! Illegal procedure! Ten yard penalty. You didn't call time-out before you moved the goal posts, DimBulb!

The more you type the more you get wrong, AlwaysWrong. Better stop now.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:20:48 -0800, Capt. Cave Man

You *are* AlwaysWrong. Here too.

Wrong again, AlwaysWrong.

No need for a motor at all, AlwaysWrong. You really do like to be proven to be the DimBulb you are.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Peter wrote:

It could be something within your own home causing the noise. Switchmode power supply with a bad input filter?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Do your neighbours experience the same problem? Does anyone a few blocks away have it too? You might be on a bad spur that has a lot of spikes or a source of interference connected to it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
glenbadd wrote:

And if they too have the same problem, I still don't have a solution. My electric utility is ignoring me.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Idiot. They would HAVE to have the same problem. Duh!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Buy radio clocks. They update to the atomic clocks in Boulder.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Pieyed Piper wrote:

It's amazing how some people are so quick to hurl insults that they never bother to carefully read the post they are replying to. How would buying all atomic clocks solve the problem with my VCRs and DVR?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

My response was not an insult, you retarded ditz.

Your VCR and DVR do not rely on the AC line freq. So, your entire post where you piss and moan about this "problem" is moot, because there is NO problem, other than the one that resides between your ears.
They BOTH use the same kind of clock a computer uses, which is from your initial setting, and a 32.768 crystal oscillator.
IF the DVR uses a subscription service, THEY update your clock.
Anybody with half a brain does not rely on such a stupid source to "gander at the time" with.
SO, asswipe... BUY the radio clock, and use it to reference the CORRECT time. If you are having problems with your cheap, off-brand crap electronics, use the radio clock to periodically (you do know that word, right?) update your shit electronics' clocks.
Next time, buy a name brand. Coby sucks, big time.
Sheesh, you still have a VCR in your SHIT gear stack?
Why are we even responding to a Luddite putz?
How is that for getting the insult you claimed you already got (which was an insult in itself), you stupid ditz?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Pieyed Piper wrote:

Why do you question my ability to be able to tell time? The clocks on my DVR and VCRs run fast. How could or would you know otherwise?

And my Win XP computer automatically goes periodically to a time standard web site (nist.gov) to correct any drift that might otherwise happen. Not my add-on, it's part of XP (as you probably know, since I see that you are a Forte agent newsreader user).

As I said previously, if you would have taken as much time to read my original posting as you are spending on spewing your hysterical insults you would not have made this irrelevant comment. I have already said that I do not use a TV subscription service, I get my reception over the air.

If you are having problems with your cheap, off-brand crap

By what supernatural powers do you claim to know the brands of my equipment? You may not think much of Toshiba, Sony, but they are probably at least in the mid-range of quality for consumer electronics.

Two of them. Enjoy the thought!
P.S. Don't bother responding as I've set up a filter to send your electrons straight to the Junk folder - which is better than they deserve.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Peter wrote:

Here are some more of his sock puppets for you to filter:
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers
GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement
snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org
scorpius
SomeKindOfWonderful
Sum Ting Wong
The Great Attractor
The Keeper of the Key to The Locks
snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org
--
The movie 'Deliverance' isn't a documentary!

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:00:40 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

You're slipping Michael. You haven't added pie-eyed prick or MaoEatsDung to DimBulb's DimBulb's mommy's hamper contents list yet.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

What is in question is not your capacity to examine a display, dorkass.
What is in question is your capacity to have decided that they were tied to the line frequency when you have no clue what circuitry resides in the devices.
The fact that you could not discern such a simple premise is quite a tell as well.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Not always. Not automatic either. It has to be set up that way, and it is not the default.

What a dope. It is not about what I am using. It is about knowing what is being used.
A computer ONLY updates online if it is setup that way.
I do NOT set mine up that way, because I DO want to know how much, if any drift my PC's clocks may or may not have.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Um... inaccurate clocks.
One does not hear of such things from name brand devices, so it was easy to arrive at. It MAY not be true, but since you are withholding instead of declaring what you have, the feeling sways even further toward that assumption, asshole.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

And you know what types of clocks they utilized how? Did you get the schematics?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You're retarded.

You're a total retard, in fact. Announcing your filter file edit sessions is the second most retarded thing a ditzy Usenet user like you can do.
The top spot is for filtering to begin with. Your behavior is pathetic, in fact.
This information is better than you deserve.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.