My AC digital clocks run fast. Cheap fix?

You're a hoot DimBulb. The mass of the rotor won't cancel any long term effects, you ass.

That's how the clocks run fast? What an idiot you are, AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

AlwaysWrong is always so wrong.

Tweet! Illegal procedure! Ten yard penalty. You didn't call time-out before you moved the goal posts, DimBulb!

The more you type the more you get wrong, AlwaysWrong. Better stop now.

Reply to
krw

Here are some more of his sock puppets for you to filter:

Abbey Somebody AnimalMagic Archimedes' Lever AtTheEndofMyRope AwlSome Auger Bart! BigBalls BillyPilgrim Bungalow Bill Capt. Cave Man

ChairmanOfTheBored Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Corbomite Carrie DarkMatter DarkSucker Do I really need to say? Dorothy with the Red Shoes on Dr. Heywood R. Floyd FatBytestard FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor

FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor George Orr GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

Hattori Hanzo Herbert John \Jackie\" Gleason" HiggsField IAmTheSlime ItsASecretDummy Jupiter Jaq Kai

LargeMarge life imitates life lurch MadManMoon MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

Mr.Eko Mr. Haney Mycelium Mycelium

Neanderthal OutsideObserver Phat Bytestard RoyLFuchs scorpius

SkyPilot SomeKindOfWonderful

Son of a Sea Cook SoothSayer Spurious Response

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt Sum Ting Wong Sum Ting Wong

SuspendedInGaffa The Great Attractor

TheGlimmerMan TheJoker The Keeper of the Key to The Locks

TheKraken The Last Mimsy

TheQuickBrownFox The Loner snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

UltimatePatriot UpGrade ValleyGirl VioletaPachydermata WallyWallWhackr

100WattDarkSucker
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're slipping Michael. You haven't added pie-eyed prick or MaoEatsDung to DimBulb's DimBulb's mommy's hamper contents list yet.

Reply to
krw

What is in question is not your capacity to examine a display, dorkass.

What is in question is your capacity to have decided that they were tied to the line frequency when you have no clue what circuitry resides in the devices.

The fact that you could not discern such a simple premise is quite a tell as well.

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

Not always. Not automatic either. It has to be set up that way, and it is not the default.

What a dope. It is not about what I am using. It is about knowing what is being used.

A computer ONLY updates online if it is setup that way.

I do NOT set mine up that way, because I DO want to know how much, if any drift my PC's clocks may or may not have.

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

Um... inaccurate clocks.

One does not hear of such things from name brand devices, so it was easy to arrive at. It MAY not be true, but since you are withholding instead of declaring what you have, the feeling sways even further toward that assumption, asshole.

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

And you know what types of clocks they utilized how? Did you get the schematics?

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

You're retarded.

You're a total retard, in fact. Announcing your filter file edit sessions is the second most retarded thing a ditzy Usenet user like you can do.

The top spot is for filtering to begin with. Your behavior is pathetic, in fact.

This information is better than you deserve.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

A PC clock does not need the Internet, you retarded twit.

It is a 32,768 kHz crystal.

Show me where I said anything about an Internet connection, retard boy.

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

So, you are saying that phase differences always cause a positive shift in such a clock?

The remarks mean that you are the idiot. Generally, such differences are random, and in both directions, so the resultant change at the clock would be negligible to nil. In your world, phase differences are always such that an AC Line tied clock will always advance farther as opposed to receding.

You should recede.

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

AlwaysWrong, crystals make *CRAPPY* clocks. You'll not get much better than a few minutes a month from a raw PC clock, DimBulb. The AC line is *far* more accurate. What a dumbass, Dimbulb.

Reply to
krw

A drift can be either.

AlwaysWrong is, surprise, wrong again.

That reminds me. How is your mother doing? Did you get your conjugal visit last weekend?

Reply to
krw

Wow! Five responses to one post from DimBulb. ...after *two* raids on his mother's hamper, no less. I'm positively green with envy.

Reply to
krw

Bullshit, you retarded twit. PC clocks can be as accurate to only be off by a few seconds per month. I have NEVER seen a PC clock that was off by more than a minute over the entire year.

You always embellish your total bullshit with so much kiethtard bullshit that it is obvious that your nothing more than a full of shit twit.

Which further proves that he doesn't know what the f*ck he is talking about. Nor do you.

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

Contradict yourself much, retard?

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

Sombody needs to raid your skull with a baseball bat.

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

Here, they have the base-load plants running 24/7 anyway (Crete, south Greece, isolated small grid), basically two-stroke diesels and small steam turbines, fired with mazut.), and they have the servers that control the grid control a regulating unit (usually a gas turbine, fired with ordinary diesel) controlling its output so that it picks/sheds load. There are UF (Under Frequency) relays on select medium-voltage (15 kV) circuit breakers that shed those loads, when the grid's frequency goes below a chosen point (automatic trip of those breakers). The best fuel economy have the two-stroke diesels, with 100 grams of mazut for each kWh IIRC, and then the steam-turbines, with 300 gram/kWh of mazut. The worst are the gas-turbines, with their expensive fuel, and are used only in peaks. There are no hydro in Crete.

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

So you only have one or two units acting as regulating units? Then it certainly would be easy to keep them set the same as you adjust up/down. When you have many more units working 'regulation', it's often easier to raise/lower a non-regulating unit. That way the settings of all the regulating units don't have to be adjusted together constantly throughout the day.

Some non-regulating units are not operated at full load all the time like a base-load plant. Instead they would come on line and carry an amount of load dictated by system operator. As system load rises, at first the regulators would take it but that resulted in system frequency dropping as the regulating units are loaded down. Then the sysop would call one of these non-regulating unit and ask them to pick up more load. When they did so, it took load away from the regulating units and system frequency rose back again. Since the regulating units didn't have to change their settings, they all gain/shed load simultaneously. You adjust one or two plant's output and all the regulating units can be left alone (well, most of the time anyway).

We have load shedding too, but that's considered a bit drastic. In the days before deregulation, we too would consider heat rate and fuel costs (combined into simply marginal cost for any given unit). When you owned all different forms of generation and were responsible to a regulator to act prudently, you would operate your mix of plants to get the lowest overall cost.

With deregulation it's up to each generating company to bid a price they can afford sell at and that will still win them some bids. But in times of high demand, price isn't set solely by what it costs the generator to create the power. If a generator is pretty sure his power is needed, he can bid a higher price and still win. In times of low demand, plants with high fuel costs end up bidding a price that doesn't win so they don't put onto the grid.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

AlwaysWrong once again proves his name. Because you haven't seen it must not exist. What a dim bulb you are, DimBulb.

I don't embellish the fact that you're AlwaysWrong. Can't.

AlwaysWrong, so wrong, always.

Reply to
krw