NiCad Batteries

I was looking for a 6volt Nicad battery for my camcorder.

All I can find is a 6volt NimH. I imagine the camera will work fine.

But do I need a new charger???

Reply to
Phoenix

Nickle cad and hydride batteries can use the same charger. The radio shack sells a charger for both for about 15 bucks.

The hydride will last about 4 or 5 times as long as a nickle and doesn't poison the ecosystem The hydride has no memory effect. Never fully discharge a rechargeable battery as some cells will be charged in the wrong direction when one cell goes dead before the others. Be careful how you dispose of nickle cad, they are illegal in most dumps

The camera will not know the difference but the hydride 6 volter will have a little more voltage.

Reply to
bushbadee