O-scope repair in Northern TX?

Recommendations for a good analog o-scope repair/calc shop in Fort Worth, Dallas, or Waco TX?

Thank you, Lance

Reply to
Lance Morgan

If you are not aware of one then send it back to the company that made it. You might be surprised at how little that they will want for the job. Had this problem with an Amprobe some years back in Iowa. Much easier to send it back to them. Always get a return authorization before returning anything. Much easier to find it.... if it gets lost in the shuffle.......

Reply to
albown

Tucker Electronics in Dallas

Reply to
Mark

Reply to
John Fields

John Fields wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You might be surprised at Tuckers prices. The last time I looked they were quite proud of their repair and calibration dept.

Rich Andrews

Reply to
John Fields

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to ship the scope one-way, then drive to pick it up.

Tucker - just found out - doesn't work on my Leader scope. And their prices are indeed up there

Running down 2 other possible local tips, and will also contact Rothe

Lesson learned to perhaps get a more mainstream scope next time [first scope, and lots being learned along the way :-)]

Reply to
Lance Morgan

If those don't work out check with Gerry Dorrin at MDS labs in Ft Walton Beach, Fl. A little too far to drive, but still not across the country. Gerry had a very nice cal lab the last time I was up in the Florida panhandle.

MDS Calibration Laboratory

210 Jonquil Avenue Northwest Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548 850-664-1234
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Lance Morgan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@arbitrary.net.digitex.net:

Just out of curiosity, what are you working on that needs that close a calibration?

Rich Andrews

I actually use the scope for something that doesn't need close calibration: automotive troubleshooting. But would like a few things looked at: voltage/vert amplitude readings are off vs an accurate DVOM; horizontal traces sometime rotate as scope heats up - adjust/level - but rotate again; the channel selector switch is a bit dirty or flakey. Rothe can do the job

Reply to
Lance Morgan