part Y starter principle

Please ask a question?

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Indeed! Please be advised that "Y" symbol is often written "wye" in US English and "star" in British English, and the equilateral triangle symbol is usually known as "mesh" in US and "delta" in British. You might start by searching for "wye-mesh starter" and "star-delta starter" and combinations thereof..

Reply to
Martin Crossley

I suppose to be fair, any of our attempts in Mandarin might be just as abrupt :-)

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

| and the equilateral triangle symbol is usually known as "mesh" in US and | "delta" in British.

I've never heard of it as "mesh" in US or anywhere. Every description of it in US is "delta" or "closed delta". I cannot recall any other terms being used for other countries, either.

| You might start by searching for "wye-mesh starter" and "star-delta starter" | and combinations thereof..

Like "wye-delta starter" for US references.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

Call me a xenophobe, but I have no intent to help Chinese compete against our economy by exploiting my meager knowledge.

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg

I also have never heard the term "mesh", nor can I think of how it might possibly relate. Please explain.

Reply to
Bob Ferapples

"Part Y" makes no sense whatsoever. There is Y-Delta starting and there is "Part Winding" starting. Are you getting Part Winding confused as "part Y" perhaps?

Reply to
Bob Ferapples

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 02:08:54 GMT Bob Ferapples wrote: | On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 06:48:18 +0800, "lau" | wrote: | |>please give information |>

| | "Part Y" makes no sense whatsoever. There is Y-Delta starting and | there is "Part Winding" starting. Are you getting Part Winding | confused as "part Y" perhaps?

I've been wondering about that. Maybe "part Y" means 2 legs of 3 phase? Or maybe he means part of the time is wye connected then switch to delta for full run when the motor is up to an appropriate speed.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam