part Y starter principle

please give information

Please ask a question?
Salmon Egg wrote:

Indeed! Please be advised that "Y" symbol is often written "wye" in US English and "star" in British English, and the equilateral triangle symbol is usually known as "mesh" in US and "delta" in British. You might start by searching for "wye-mesh starter" and "star-delta starter" and combinations thereof..

I suppose to be fair, any of our attempts in Mandarin might be just as abrupt :-)
--
Cheers ............. Rheilly

In article

Call me a xenophobe, but I have no intent to help Chinese compete against our economy by exploiting my meager knowledge.
Bill
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 01:21:50 -0000 Martin Crossley
| and the equilateral triangle symbol is usually known as "mesh" in US and | "delta" in British.
I've never heard of it as "mesh" in US or anywhere. Every description of it in US is "delta" or "closed delta". I cannot recall any other terms being used for other countries, either.
| You might start by searching for "wye-mesh starter" and "star-delta starter" | and combinations thereof..
Like "wye-delta starter" for US references.
On 16 Mar 2008 18:28:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net wrote:

I also have never heard the term "mesh", nor can I think of how it might possibly relate. Please explain.

"Part Y" makes no sense whatsoever. There is Y-Delta starting and there is "Part Winding" starting. Are you getting Part Winding confused as "part Y" perhaps?
| wrote: | |>please give information |> | | "Part Y" makes no sense whatsoever. There is Y-Delta starting and | there is "Part Winding" starting. Are you getting Part Winding | confused as "part Y" perhaps?
I've been wondering about that. Maybe "part Y" means 2 legs of 3 phase? Or maybe he means part of the time is wye connected then switch to delta for full run when the motor is up to an appropriate speed.