PAT testers advice

Are there any PAT testers out there that allow the *uploading* of information?

I've got loads of equipment info (model, serial number etc) in a database, I want to add a barcode field then upload the info to the PAT tester so I don't have to input it every time.

Ideally the tester would recognise an additional field with the eqpt type (IEC lead, IT eqpt, Class I etc) and default to the correct test.

Reply to
PM

Seaward Supernova. HTH

Rob

Reply to
Robbie Mayhem

Thanks Rob - that's one on my list that ticks most of the boxes, I'll give it a closer look.

Have you used one?

Reply to
PM

I had use of the Europa a few years ago. It would allow you to upload the data to a pc. It would store a pretty decent asset list and would flag any assets that were due for tagging. It would print the barcode field and would run the correct test automaticaly if the asset was stored on the unit. The best thing about it was that it was built like a tank.

Reply to
Arlowe

I've narrowed the field down to the Europa Plus and the Megger PAT4 DV3, both allow download and upload and can print/scan barcodes. The capability to run the correct test sequence automatically would be a big plus, I need to check if the Megger does that.

Reply to
PM

Yes I own one, It will perform any of the current in-service tests but it is rather heavy. I have the Supernova plus, which means I don't have to turn down any work. I'm considering getting one of the smaller hand held testers from Seaward for IT/office type of equipment.

HTH

Rob

Reply to
Robbie Mayhem