project resources

i am a 4th year B.E. student.i am looking for topics for my final year project in the area of image processing.i am thinking of doing a
fingerprint detection system without using a computer system.where can i find resources regarding this?pl. send any information that u have in this regard to my email id .also if u have any project resources,pl. send them too.