Safety Testing Requirements? Where? Resources?

I'm curious about the safety testing requirements of consumer electronics.

If I have a unit that is not powered by direct AC connection (say, through a previously tested and approved low voltage AC or DC wall plug), do I need to get safety approvals?

If I had internal transformer from 120V, I'm guessing that I would.

Is there a good place that outlines the requirements, process, and resources associated with this?

Thanks for any help!

Gary

Reply to
Gary G

You could start with telling us what country you are in, and what country(ies) you plan on sending this unit too. The laws vary widely. A good place to start would be Underwriters Laboratories for the USA.

--Dale

Reply to
Dale Farmer

Very sorry - I am in the United States.