Thermostat for laser printer fuser temp?

wrote in news:8NpLh.1277$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:

Don't kid yourself. They don't think of it AT ALL. Period. There are two ways to think things like this, unless you're no longer sane, in which case all bets are off:

  1. You assume it IS relevent to you, and all that you care about, in which case it nags at you till you eventually do something, ANYTHING, to appease the nagging sense of doubt, in order to make yourself feel more secure. OR
  2. You assume your security is ALREADY assured, thus you don't think of doing anything to change what others appear to be whinging about as a perceived threat.

Given that the firms doing this ARE amongst the most secure, financially, politically, and socially, their arrogance is the cause. This is not mere ignorance, it is WILLFUL ignorance, the worst and most dangerous kind. It also the kind that is hardest to forgive, and if resources become low enough to make a majority of people start to begrudge this and DO something about the way they choose to spend their money, it will carry on. There are firms that will sell cheap refills, but these aren't the cure, they DEPEND on the problem to exist.

Now, as I'm saying my small rant in the presence of electronics engineers, some of which are considering their own business management as well as electronics details, I won't try to tell them solutions they probably know more about themselves, it's enough to point out tht there will be a market for products that don't fleece the buying public at unacceptable expense.

I do have one small suggestion, I guess. Innovation is the ONLY way a small firm can get ahead. After all, it;s buying up innovators that makes the big firms get ahead, right? So, if small firms patent their stuff precisely instead of in the aggressive way large firms do to try to stop others, instead of just protecting themselves, this can help, it can prevent a large firm from muying and burying innovation that threatens their own wasteful empires, and it can also prevent them from revising history to try to force their exploitation of your ideas. Patent it under your own name if you invent it. A firm can't claim your idea even if you thought it up on their time! Do they OWN your mind? I think not. At least copyright it by sending yourself signed sealed copies. Do this before it becomes valuable to someone else.

There may be all kinds of better ideas to erode the tech society that wastes so heavily, but I'm not inside it enough to think of much more than I have said here.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Yes. Help each other!

No, actually they simply use it to amuse themselves until the Messiah comes (c: I mean, find something you enjoy doing and do it!

And lighten up! FBt

Reply to
Esther & Fester Bestertester