Why would anyone want to be an engineer in the USA today?

You still a shit head.

Reply to
Jack

Wow, you are one pissed off guy off no good reason. Stay out of engineering, you're too dangerous.

Reply to
Jack

I suppose San Fran high rent area has the high price consultants.

Hey Charles how many electrical consultant engineers you know whose billing is at $400+ an hour throughout the year?

Reply to
Jack

Spouting about how logical you are, you just disagreed with someone who agreed with you - you stupid f*ck head. Go back to the unemployment line, BOY!

Reply to
Jack

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:21:14 -0800, "Jack" Gave us:

Take a hike. Do your own research, ya clueless idiot.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:22:10 -0800, "Jack" Gave us:

Nor do you know what a proper sentence structure is, apparently.

I'd be willing to bet that you were going to type "your", as opposed to "you're". You would have had *that* wrong as well.

You are batting 1000.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:26:32 -0800, "Jack" Gave us:

Get screwed, dumbass... ooops... too late.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:45:16 -0800, "Jack" Gave us:

Wrong. I don't care which side of the fence he is on in the discussion, dipshit. I was telling him to bone up on his knowledge of Usenet posting. You need to get a clue, "you stupid f*ck head".

Also, he is not my employer, and would not cause me to have a need to return to the unemployment line, regardless of how he feels about my reply. You can't possibly be that clueless, boy.

Keep your stupid "spouting" to yourself, idiot. You couldn't assess logic if you had Einstein's brain installed into your skull.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Jack wrote: or was it "impaid"?

Who's looking for engineering work, Jack or impaid?

Reply to
VWWall

Awww, poor babeeee, can't tell by quote marks what's what, poo widdle fuckface.

: Gave us: : : >Why? Because he's found a good job at a good company and is : >doing what he loves, meaning he'll play instead of work at that : >job. : >

: >The poster is rationalizing what is apparently his own : >unwillingness to do what it takes. Or he's trying to be a : >computer whiz! : >

: >

: Hey, dufus! If you do not quote the text to which you are replying, : nobody know who you are referring to or what the f*ck you are talking : about. This ain't e-mail, idiot. : : Bone up on Usenet posting protocols, POPS. BEFORE you interlope into : the forum.

Reply to
Pop

: >>

: >>Are you saying $400+ an hour for 2,000 man hours or over $800,000 year : >>after : >>year independent of the economy? : >

: > Typically, consultants don't pull 40 hour work weeks. DUFUS. : >

: > Get a clue. : : Why not 40 as a starting point? Some work 10 while others work

80 hours per : week. What number do you like to use? What's your point, you have on idea. : : Ok DUFUS, name 10 electrical engineering consultants who make $400+ per : hour. Show us the websites and fee schedules. : : Let's see YOU do the same for 10 that don't!

lol, takes all kinds. Takes one to know one. et al

Reply to
Pop

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:28:58 -0500, "Pop" Gave us:

What the f*ck are you talking about, you retarded, top posting asswipe? You didn't quote ANYTHING of the post you responded to!

You are so stupid that now that you did include the post you are responding to, you top posted your utter tripe.

You are a clueless Usenet retard, at best. Bone Up, IDIOT!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

: >"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote in message : >news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... : >> On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:47:27 -0800, "impaid" Gave us: : >>

: >>>

: >>>Are you saying $400+ an hour for 2,000 man hours or over $800,000 year : >>>after : >>>year independent of the economy? : >>

: >> Typically, consultants don't pull 40 hour work weeks. DUFUS. : >>

: >> Get a clue. : >

: >Why not 40 as a starting point? Some work 10 while others work

80 hours per : >week. What number do you like to use? What's your point, you have on idea. : >

: >Ok DUFUS, name 10 electrical engineering consultants who make $400+ per : >hour. Show us the websites and fee schedules. : >

: Take a hike. Do your own research, ya clueless idiot.

With a name like fuchs, it's easy to see why you're as you are. Maybe we should all be switching to "go fuch yourself!" Too bad you're such a coward you can't use your own name when you try so hard to pull someone out to fight with. Luckily most people won't fight with an unarmed assailant.

Reply to
Pop

Why, you think you arlead screwd him fuchs face? I even wish you a happy holidays even though it's totally obvious what you want to do is sit around wetting yourself and typing with one hand thru the goo.

Time to start ignoring ignoarnat trolls.

Reply to
Pop

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:34:39 -0500, "Pop" Gave us:

You appear to be having a problem with your vision in any regard.

Maybe you should just jump straight to the action event ,and actually go f*ck yourself, dipshit.

Usenet is an anonymous place. If you are interested in meeting, such that you can attempt to make a similar claim of cowardice, I am willing to abate your accusation. Somehow, I think you are the wussy in this discourse, however.

See above, dipshit.

You'r an idiot. The fact that you cannot even get the Fuchs reference proves that.

Do a google on the name, and NOT in newsgroups, idiot.

You might get a clue.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Fascinating. When are you going to write a biography or visit the US?

If you havn't already seen it, you may be interested in the "profile of J. Random Hacker" at

is a copy of a self-profile made by programers before the internet was discovered by the unwashed masses. ("Hacker", as you likely know, was not the perjorative term it has become thanks to the mass media.) One is disposed to become a programmer because of personality type. I think the profile also describes a lot of EEs who just 'had to be engineers' (as opposed to those who are EEs for income, status, family tradition, whatever).

bud--

Reply to
Bud--

LOL, I would fall asleep reading it..let alone having to write the thing.

I used to come to the US quite often but haven't been since you started finger-printing and photographing visitors. Shame, but, if you are going to treat visitors as criminals, there are plenty of countries that actually welcome people who want to come and spend money.

LOL, I haven't met an EE (or "anything" E, come to that) who became one for the income or the status.

It does warp you. Your nearest and dearest takes you to this romantic spot on the Italian/Greece border, a little village next to the sea and, as both of you gaze over the scene as the sun goes down you turn to him and say, "Wow - isn't that fantastic ! It must be the new DC International Italy-Greece Interconnect Overhead Line - can we get closer?"

Reply to
Palindr☻me

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 10:33:44 +0000, Palindr?me Gave us:

No comment... err...

ALL international travel persons should have it done as part of the requisite for a passport, regardless of their destination or origin. It is not a shame that they do it, it is a shame that they have to.

They fingerprint you, and photograph you for a simple traffic offense in this country, or even if they are putting you "in the tank" for the night with absolutely no charges. These people are not criminals either, yet they have no choice. If they refuse, they get forced. If anything that is a crime, in the current setting... however...

I think that everyone should be fingerprinted at birth feet and hands as well as DNA. Photos at adulthood.

It isn't about treating everyone like a criminal, it is about excluding you from the list when a crime does happen.

Call it part of the price one must pay for freedom. Americans need to stop pissing and moaning about this. Mainly since if it is soooo bad, why does no one get to complain when they insist on doing it even when no crime was committed, and no charges filed. If you go to the police station, they do it, no ifs ands or buts.

Any NON-criminal should have no problem with it. Are you up to something?

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

I'm not Charles, but we've had consultants teach courses at money like this. Seven or eight years ago we had a consultant teach a couple of 3-day courses at $10K a pop. ...worth it too (boss paid ;). I took a three day EMI/EMC course with about 10-15 others. That was $2k per person. Of course the consultant had to pay the hotel (in the Dallas area) for the use of a conference room and a couple of donuts. $400 work is out there, for those recognized as the experts.

Reply to
Keith Williams

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 10:33:59 -0500, Keith Williams Gave us:

How many $400+ an hour Electrical Engineers does it take to change a light bulb?

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs