Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Power quality monitor -- cheap?
I'm looking for the most economical means to monitor mains voltage for spikes and other such disturbances over an unattended period of time. I see that there are 2 categories of monitoring and logging...
28
28

Looking for Contractor
I would like to invite you to join the TRICAD engineering and design Talent Network. TRICAD is located in the Palo Alto, CA area and is always looking for excellent designers and engineers to join our...

metalic sheath
Why do we ground the metalic sheath of the cable??
15
15

Three-phase circuit breakers? [UK power distribution]
Recently there was a partial power failure on my street (including my house), but our adjacent neighbours' electricity was still on. When I phoned to report it, the power company said there was...
4
4

Racking out of motor starter?? How?
I need to take the overcurrents off a motor starter in an MCC. The problem I have is that the motor starter is racked into a live 600 Volt bus. I want to know if I can rack out the motor starter...
7
7

What screening to protect mic from cellphone interference?
What screening is necessary if I want to protect a domestic-grade electret microphone from the RF coming from a cellphone which is in use? I sometimes hear radio or TV news broadcasts which still get...
3
3

Electricians CAD
Does anyone know of anygood software for CAD for electricians for commercial and residential Property. If there is not CAD software is there any other good software to help design an Full or partial...
2
2

Good Product
Power Strip Liberator I believe this product has been mentioned before in the newsgroups. It's good enough that it bears repeating. It is a ~1' long extension cord, that allows you to plug a wall wart...
18
18

electric baseboard heating
I have an electric baseboard heater built in to the wall (that needs to be replaced) that is 120 volts and 1500 watts (built in by the builder of the house abour 15 years ago). The hardware store only...
6
6

UPS to fix dimming lights due to laser printer?
I got a multi-function laser printer for my home office. It replaced an old laser printer that I had. This new printer causes the lights to dim in the whole house when I print. While it prints, the...
4
4

Anyone collect Nuts and Volts magazine?
Does anyone collect old issues of Nuts and Volts? I'm looking for the CD which contains their older issues.

Looking for sine wave image
Looking for a good online image of a sine wave with 120 and 170 volt peak with average - any ideas where to look? Something sexy and colourful would be nice but perhaps thats a lot to ask of a sine...
3
3

AC question
Ok, I was watching a doc on electricity, the bloke was explaining that dc currect goes direct but ac currect goes to the load and back to the generating plant. How is that? When does the load use it...
29
29

How to attract women
How to attract women http://www.helium.com/tm/165307/youre-reading-either-yourself

Exorbitant Costs to Upgrade Service?
My employer wants to upgrade the electrical service at one of his facilities, located immediately north of Toronto, from 1000 KVA to 3000 KVA. The new outdoor transformer cost of about $70,000 is to...
1
1