Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

circuit conversion
I would like to convert a normal 15 amp circuit to a 30 amp circuit. I also need ot convert the wall plug over. If this is iin a commercial building that is over 30 years old will I need to do...
5
5

European colour codes
Hi all Have wired up a domestic house in Spain using 2.5mm, Brown live, Blue neutral and Yellow/Green earth. I have been told this is wrong and that the live conductor should be Black, anyone have any...
4
4

new hydro electric development
What I am about to present to you may be a bit obtuse, but if you spend a bit of time and apply a bit of grey matter, your science will help you understand what I am about to explain. But it will take...
17
17

Mounting an electrical box vertically in old work
I need to mount a 4" octagonal (or circular) box within an exterior wall for a porch light. Since this would be considered an "Old Work" application, does anyone have a suggestion on how to hang the...
1
1

AMPERE TURN FORMULA
I want to design a electromagnet which can pul iron piecs from a distance of 250mm or 500 gauss at the distance of 200mm.I am trying here to show drawing of this Magnet: ------TOP IRON PLATE----...
4
4

Grounding/Bonding in a subpanel
SETUP: 200 AMP Main Panel connected to a 100 AMP sub-panel via metallic nipple. A 75 AMP breaker in the main panel feeds the sub via #4 conductor. The Neutral is isolated from the ground in the sub....
9
9

DC Motor Brush Angle
I repaired the rusted shell of a small 12V DC PM motor, but forgot to note the position of the brushes relative to the magnets. After putting it together, it seems to run at the same no-load speed...
3
3

12-volt matrix input->output?
I want to turn on 4 lamps in 6 combinations. These are controlled by 3 switches in 6 corresponding combinations of contact closings. The truth table looks like this Switches Lamps A B C W X Y Z -----...
40
40

New Version LeCroy Scope Software Release
LeCroy's newest scope firmware Version 5.0.4.6 has just been released - ready for free download and installation. Teledyne LeCroy is a leading provider of oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers and related...

HVDC
i need some information about HVDC. Would anybody in this group help me?
5
5

Using sound cards and digital files for data recording
This was brought up in another thread but let's assume for this discussion that we are not sampling line voltage. We just have a varying In another discussion this was suggested BUT for THIS...

Best Sites for Info on Energy Saving in UK ?
Can anyone point me in the right direction ? We're a plant in the UK which operates a large number of plastic extrusion lines. TIA, woodglass...
1
1

telephone prewiring questions
I'm rehabbing a light commercial building and I want to install telco access into it to avoid messy installations in the future, so that I can control access locations. The building is now vacant so...
1
1

Caluculations for various parameters in the Thermal power plant
Hello Friends, I need caluculations in the thermal power plant such as Boiler caluculations(Boiler efficiency),condenser ,airpreheater , turbine etc for a Thermal Power Plant Please send to Thanks...
3
3

Problem with circuit constantly black out
I have a problem with a circuit in my apartment that continues to go off and the maintenance hasa looked at the circuit and can not figure out why it keeps going off. The circuit breaker doesn't trip...
6
6