Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Slight delay normal w/load reduction relay?
I recently rewired my radiator and A/C cooling fan relay sockets (91 Saab 900S), per a TSB, so that both fans now come on, per the rad thermoswitch calling, vs just one. The only info I can provide...
18
18

Motor inventory software
I am looking for software that I can use to catalogue all the motors that we use. Mainly looking at kW, Poles, Amps, Frame Size, etc. Anything that would do the job? TIA
6
6

cadence on x86 question
Hi, I'm working at an Engineering start up, helping them roll out the engineering workstations. We've more or less decided about Cadence on Linux/AMD. My question is: does anyone in this group have...
1
1

How smart is a computer-type UPS?
I have one of those grey box UPS that is supposed to take over in case of a power outage, connected to the VCR in the lving room. Recently, I replaced the batteries due to problems when the power went...
12
12

Phase Sequence Detector
Could Someone inform, or point me to a site that describes the circuit or the operation of a Phase Sequence Detector? I need to create a tools that can detect phase sequense in 3 phase.... Pls , I...
10
10

UPS Questions...
I'm looking at installing your "run-of-the-mill" UPS at home, and am trying to calculate the model I'll need. How should I look at power consumption of a device that has a transformer. Should I look...

Growler Operation?
Could someone inform, or point me to a site that describes the operation of a Growler? Thank you. Louis -- ********************************************* Remove the fish in address to respond
8
8

help need a frequency standard
Hi, I need to calibrate my frequency counter. Being a DIYer, I thought of using the color burst signal from a TV. However, whenever I attach a probe to the xtal, the color blanks out. Obviously, I've...
4
4

Re: AC Motor as an AC Generator
Induction generators use the system as a source of excitation. The generator is brought up to rated speed in a direction of that opposite to motor rotation and then closed into the system. It may jump...
26
26

PC Boards
I have a PC Board design that I have to get fabricated. I was curious if anyone here in the group had any reccomendations as to what company I should use. I have no experience with making gerber...

Re: Using Silicone for Sealoffs
If you did this on my crew, you would be fired for callous disregard of the code. You said it yourself, it is not allowed nor listed for this purpose.

Re: homeowner question
I've used "the right sized" conduit too many times, and had to go to the larger size later. And in a similar fashion to your project. It isn't that much more expensive to do the 1" now. In fact, once...

Re: FACTORY TESTING OF EDG (EMERGENCY DIESEL GENERATOR: 1250 kVA)
What's the phrase: Trust but verify? I've worked in the oil & gas business for quite awhile where "critical" or "unspared" equipment receives greater attention than the usual run-of the mill machine....

Why are there more electronic theory books than project books?
Have any of you noticed at libraries that there are more electronic theory books than electronic project books? I've noticed this at both general libraries and my university library. In fact, my...
8
8

electrical protector
Hi everybody ! Who is interesting in new products, pls visit our page