Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VFD Outputs
Hi all Are there any VFDs that provide a near-pure sine wave output that could be used as a source for other electrical equipment? Alternatively, provided the output of a 3ph variable frequency drive...
4
4

Re: AC single phase motor speed control
The general electric rapsheet on their AC motor product line(s) indicates that variations beyond +/-5-10% of voltage and/or voltage oscillation frequency will cause the motor to function "with reduced...

Voltage Regulator
Any idea how I can cheaply stabilise a 230v AC supply. I have a 230v AC feed to a metal detector that fluctuates by a couple of volts and I'm not sure if this is causing it to keep tripping on metal...
3
3

how to open "tech-tips.com"
" oops" is coming whenever opening above is not active to read list and threads. I sent e-mail to them but no response. Anyone can guide how to fix it.
1
1

External Electric Service Shutoff
I believe this would be the best group for this question... I am needing to do some work in my breaker panel and want to make sure it is not live before I do so. So I go outside to the meter where I...
19
19

Re: Rectangular and Polar Question in AC
I think you will find that your BSEE curriculum will be very different from your AA training. It will be much more analytical (much more mathematical) with a more thorough understanding of physics and...
6
6

Re: b Re: Parallel Inverters
A bus designed to syncronize the 120 ac 60hz phases of two or more inverters hooked up to it. Similar idea as a RAID network for hard drives. Inexpensive low ( 500 w ) wattage inverters to bring total...
3
3

Re: buzzing sound in conduit
In my view, that is the most appropriate thinking. Dave M.

Re: Zyn Transformer Impedance
With reference to the Alstom Protective relays guide. application With Star/Star transformers Zo = Infinite if any of the neutral points are unearthed. If both are earthed then you can take Z0 = Z1 as...

Re: What's a type "K" transformer?
This is a typical misconception. Manufacturers do not use larger kva transformers for k rated loads they alter the winding design to yield lower eddy current losses within the windings. If the...
11
11

Power service disconnect
Hello everyone, I have an older house (1950's) and the service breaker located at the front of the property has a 40 amp Sq D type XO breaker that has gone bad. I have been unable to find a...
2
2

O-scope square waveform interpretation?
I recently scoped the Hall-Effect sensor on my 91 Saab 900 (4 cyl, electronic ignition w/one coil, distrib, rotor), which has an narrow-band RPM related bucking problem The pattern _appeared_ to be...
3
3

Converting from 60A to 100A
Can anyone tell me how many watts a 100A home service panel provide? I do not want to exceed the maximum allowable load. Regards Serge

Building a woodshop, and have Power Questions.
I am building a woodshop in a 2 car detached garage. I think i have 1 115V circuit into it from the house. I would like to have at least one, preferrably 2, more circuits running into the garage. I...
6
6

Arc welder question
Hello everyone If I connect a 415 volt single phase arc welder to a 240 volt supply, will it still weld ok? Im guessing it will be different but to weld something with it connected to 240 volts, will...
12
12