New DnD products from LEGO and... Converse?

This one at least comes with it's own playable adventure, so this is actually appropriate for rec.games.frp.dnd. Oh, and well, there's the whole "using lego figures as minis" thing that some people do.

This one is literally just lifestyle branding. And I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I kind of hate the way they are trying to force that sort of bland renfair fantasy on their customers. In this case the stuff actually looks quite cool I have to admit though. Not that I would buy that one, except for my kids.

Reply to
kyonshi

That looks like an interesting set.

Some of the things that people come up with are impressive.

Reply to
Grant Taylor

$360! Well it's really cool, but no way I'll ever have my hands on that, no space for it anyway. I remember back when you might use legos when you didn't have actual miniatures, now legos cost more than figures.

Wow. My first thought was a big WTF!?!? Then I thought of course this is from the current idiots at HazardBruh.

I had to look hard for the branding, If I were to buy D&D branded

*shoes* they'd better scream D&D, or maybe not if they're from the current regime. I sure wouldn't buy shoes because of branding that has nothing to do with how good they are as shoes.

All I can think is these definitely aren't for me.

Reply to
Justisaur

Phew! I thought someone was making sneakers out of Legos!

Reply to
Ubiquitous

and some more stuff... Clothing

Stumble Guys (whatever that is)

Kyonshi

Link to the actual clothes:

Those look pretty cool, too bad 9/10ths are women's clothes, and the few men's look a bit trash other than the dragon sweater. I don't really want or need the & on the sleeve and can probably find better dragon shirts if I look around though.

Battle Royale computer game. I think those are starting to wane in popularity and that looks like a cash grab, of course so does all this crap that's not D&D itself. I seem to remember TSR doing dumb shit like this before both downfalls.

Reply to
Justisaur

Just came across this: Dungeons and Dragons Hero's Potion of Power (Cherry Lime Flavor) energy drink. I'd actually try that at least once.

Kyonshi

meh, I am interested in neither, but I just find it interesting how WotC/Hasbro right now is trying to push the brand Dungeons and Dragons so badly. I think they are just signing up for any licensing deal they can find, and most of this stuff is stupid. The main generic fantasy aesthetic of DnD is just not interesting enough to really make this a viable lifestyle brand.

Reply to
Kyonshi

Interesting they're using the TSR Mentzer Basic D&D art and logo.

Reply to
Justisaur

It is rather iconic I think. More iconic that most other DnD art lately.

Reply to
Kyonshi

Maybe the demon idol 1e PHB cover is more, but it's questionable. I prefer it. While technically the Mentzer Basic cover is better and has so much movement, the dragon looks like a doofus with Kewpie doll curl single horn, making it a unidragon? dragoncorn? Also only a single PC.

Reply to
Justisaur