What do you use to clean Lego Train Tracks?

I.m getting some drive wheel slippage with 5 cars on my train - think the tracks may be dirty. What do you use to clean em.

Thanks

Reply to
Maralj

I've always had luck with those large pink erasers (like pencil erasers but larger). Don't try gum erasers though.

Reply to
C B George

Are we talking about 12v or 9 v here? On the 12v trains, the drive wheels had rubber o-rings on them which got brittle with age. Occasionally, you can find relatively nice sealed parts packs on ebay for these. I have been unable to find a good replacement for the originals ;-(. As far as the nickle 9v tracks go, rubbing alcohol works very well. You want to avoid any "thinner" based solvents since they can attack the plastics polymers.

Best Regards,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Plum