Assa desmo?

Does anyone have much experence with the ASSA desmo cam locks? Specifically, how resitant to picking, impressioning, decoding, etc are they? How do they compare to Medeco cam locks (vulnerable to forced entry and decoding), and Abloy (vulnerable to impressioning and decoding)?

I'm not asking for detailed instructions on how to defeat them, rather I am asking whether there are non-destructive methods to open them.

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
bob555

Bob , I have a few thousand in service for about 3-4 years, Key breakage is the only problem I have had and that was just the upper blade(not used or necessary)

The Assa Desmo is a 2 sidebar lock. I doubt someone could just pick the assa desmo by conventional methods, same for impressioning. . Decoding? well it depends on your skill and access to the correct equipment. You do need the lock open to disassemble. Compaired to Medeco they are probablly about the same ,there are some hardened rods (UL) protecting from drilling.

Abloy- great lock for key control not in the same class as Medeco or Assa for brute force attack.. There is a picture of the ASSA Desmo (cut-away)on BBE's web site which may give you a better Idea of how this works.

Reply to
no Spam

Bob,

Rich