can anyone ID this safe?

Had to do a safe opening after a burglar(s) tried and failed. There was no nameplate on it. Some specs are: TL15, LaGard dial and keyed dual control vertically in line, 3 lug handle geared retraction, door trim plate was chrome w/ swirled brushed pattern, ball-bearing hard plated. Safe is 28" wide, 42" high.

What I found was the handle removed by unscrewing 2 allen set screws and pulled, then punched in, door back plate was dented but not violated. Combo dial pulled and punched, breaking fence cam and bending detent plate to a hair of tripping the relocker. Top hinge had been pounded on severly and then sawed on ( failed to cut more then a 1/4 in. into it).

3 hours and 6 Mr.Twisties later it came open with great relief.

There was no nameplate on the inside other then rating. I'd love to know what brand it is so next time I'll quote it higher then what I did, $500 to open. This one was worth a few hundred more in my book.

T.I.A. Mr.Bill Alief Lock Houston,Tx.

Reply to
mr.bill

try posting the info in Clearstar... someone there might know

--Shiva-- nuk pu nuk

Reply to
--Shiva--

Without a picture it is hard to say. From your discription to could be a number of different Mfgs. More than likely it is either a Giant or a Fichet. As there was no name on the unit I would be more inclined to say it was a Giant. Like I said, without seeing the safe it is hard to say.

Gary Hardigree Georgia safe and Lock Co.

GHardigree

gary is right need a pic, you are also right you priced the job a few hundred low.

Reply to
todd

Post a picture of it somewhere on the internet (not here, or you'll experience the wrath of Keyman) ;) because "this in not a binary... " well, you know.

Then post a link here.

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML