Opening older Mosler Safe

I have an older Mosler safe that was purchased without the combination however very cheap. It's about 5 foot tall and has a combination locking mechanism. I live in Ohio and would like to get the safe opened and the combination changed. Can this be done without drilling or is this an impossability. What should I expect to be charged, etc. Thanks for all the help.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Jones

Catchy handle there, Chris!! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Chris your rates for manipulation are low, you should get the same if not more than if you were to drill the safe.

Reply to
todd

Well, I've got to admit that I don't have any experience in drill and fill. Yes, I'm guessing I'm a bit too low.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sorry, forgot to ask. What does your company charge, and where are you?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Our rates start at $250. for the first hour, for a B rate and $150 a hour after that. Sentry's are a lot cheaper but they are not real safes.

for a tl-30 the rates start at $450. a hour and $150 a hour after that. Even thou they can be the same lock, the quality of the safe is different. Why should I make less $ opening a tl-30 without damage using a skill that took years for me to learn than someone that cant manipulate charges for drilling. these rates are for someone who tells me they want the safe manipulated there are no guarantees that we will get it by manipulation but you will be charged anyway. Now if you hire me to open your safe MY way we always try manipulation. if the lock dont talk we drill but we guarantee results We cover So. Cal. between L.A. and Mexico P.S. picking locks is also charged on a sliding scale, we charge by the rating of the safe.

Reply to
todd

Do you ever use an autodialer? They could still take a lot of hours to dialopen, but there isn't THAT much skill to using them and you wouldn't have to watch it every second. Of course, you would probably prefer to use it at your shop if left unattended.

Scott

Reply to
Scott

no I dont use auto dialers, cant see leaving a $2000. tool on a job site with the customer promising not to touch it.

Reply to
todd

That's not possible if the safe is bolted down which they frequently are. Additionally locks that are auto-dialed should be replaced due to the wear and tear on them. It's not really comparable to manipulation but in some instances I suppose they are useful.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere