COIN WASHER .. CAN'T OPEN LOCK

I HAVE A COIN WASHER IN MY APARTMENT COMMON ROOM , CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET THE LOCK OPEN .....IT HAS A FUNNY BELL SHAPED COVER BELOW THE PLACE WHERE THE COINS GO IN .. I DON'T HAVE A KEY AND THE APARTMENT MANAGERS SAY THEY DON'T HAVE ONE EITHER. PLEASE HELP .. JUST SEND ME TO A WEBSITE THAT WILL HELP ME .. I DON'T WANT TO DAMAGE THE LOCK OR THE MACHINE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Reply to
Scooter

CALL A LOCKSMITH.

WE DON'T GIVE OPENING INSTRUCTIONS ON THIS FORUM.

STOP SHOUTING AND HAVE YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY REPAIRED.

Publishing Rules for Setting Type in All Capitals Stop shouting. Online TYPING IN ALL CAPS is considered shouting and is frowned on in most cases. In print, shouting is never worse than when it is done with decorative or script typefaces. It's ugly. It's hard to read. Just don't do it, PLEASE

capital letters are supposed to be used for shouting, posting a forum message entirely in caps is a sign that the poster is a newbie or a troll. More experienced users will sometimes jocularly use all-caps and misspelled phrases to make fun of newbies.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

how to get the lock open.....it has a funny bell shaped cover below the place where the coins go in ..I don't have a key and the apartment managers say they don't have one either.

want to damage the lock or the machine.

I don't understand why you have/want access to a coin washer which isn't supposed to be coin operated. If the owner of the machine and the utilities which serve it wants it to be a 'free' washer with free water and free sewage and free electricity, why don't they convert the coin washer to a free washer?

The locksmiths here aren't going to instruct you and other people how to defeat the security of the coin washer.

And stop 'shouting' -- typing in all caps.

Reply to
Mike Easter
<PLONK!>
Reply to
BogusID

Reply to
pickproof

Well, you will need to call a locksmith on this one, as whilst there is a pick for these types of lock, it would be very difficult to make one from scratch, even more difficult to persuade a locksmith suppliers to sell you one, and the cost would be far greater than the charge made by a locksmith.

The tool is worth the money to a trading locksmith, as they will use it many times, most of which will earn them money. You will also be able to get keys cut from the lock if you call a locksmith, but if you DIY it, you'll need a key-machine and decoder. Again neither are cheap or easily availible to anyone but a trading locksmith.

Finally, any tool requires a certain amount of skill and practice to be able to use, a tool to pick/bypass locks will typically require a large amount of skill to use. I have seen a video of a locksmith picking open a cheap lock with a banana. I highly doubt that you and your fruit-bowl would have much success on the same lock.

If you can find a supplier, you will need to spend a large amount of money and time to get this open without the services of a locksmith.

As it would be cheaper and quicker to call a professional, it has to be wondered whether or not you are supposed to be getting this machine open, and it would be unethical in the extreme for anyone to give hints and tips on how to commit theft.

Reply to
David Griffith

Scooter,

Thanks for the humor!

PLONK!

Great link 'Steve" still laughing.

Reply to
Keyman55

Yeah that's to keep you out.

Like it would help you if they did.

Here. You're gonna need this info.

Steve

Is this an ordinary tubular pick, or one specially devised to work within the confines of the Greenwald hood?

Reply to
peterwn

I was assuming the Greenwald one from the description of the domed part.

Reply to
David Griffith

YOU CAN IMPRESSION A TUBULAR LOCK JUST AS YOU CAN IMPRESSION A PIN TUMBLER. GOOGLE FOR "TUBULAR LOCK IMPRESSIONING".

reminds me of VMS... SET DEFAULT [-]

Reply to
Mike Killebrew

Keyman55 wrote: NNTP-Posting-Host: 70.180.253.64

Cute, Keyman.

Reply to
Mike Easter

If you simply want to use the washing machine for free and it is the type where you lay the coins in a flat slot and slide them in the machine, your in luck, that can easily be bypassed by placing a slightly oversized slug in the coin slot so that it fits in but jams. By being stuck in the slot you can repeatedly run as many washes as you want for free.

If it is the type you have to drop coins in, you need to either pick the lock with a circular pick tool ($90-$300?) and can be bought no questions asked from a number of online distributors.

alternately it can be drilled out too..
making your own key is indeed expensive for tubular locks,

Alternately you can disassemble the lock and remove it, but depending on the machine and what tools you may or may not have, this could be difficult.

Drilling the lock out is the easiest and fastest way. But you need the special drill bit (see link above)

If none of those appeal to you, I suggest you have the owner call a locksmith. It should only be a $50-$90 job tops with no out of pocket expense on your part.

Locksmiths must indeed see proof of ownership on a actual job to protect their ass!

Information can be freely given, but you'll never get any free information from a lockie ;)

"Scooter" snipped-for-privacy@rock.com <mailto: snipped-for-privacy@rock.com wrote in message <news: snipped-for-privacy@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>...> I HAVE A COIN WASHER IN MY APARTMENT COMMON ROOM , CAN ANYONE TELL ME

Reply to
Lockie

have you ever heard of ethics ? don't think so..

no real need to reply. unless you like pissing in the wind..

<plonk>
Reply to
Key

Well, just mistaken. Not insulting this time.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon