Dorm Bathroom

I have a dorm room and I share a bathroom with one other person in a suite configuration. He is always locking me out of the bathroom and I was wondering if there is anyway to open the lock from my room. I am not that familiar with locks so my description will probably be very bad. It is a lever type handle on both sides with a button on the bathroom side that locks the door. On my side there is a small hole in the lever about 1/4 inch in diameter, and I was wondering if there is anyway to pop the button out (thereby unlocking the door) from my side. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Enigma17232

Quite possibly one of three things:

  1. If you take a piece of straight wire and push in the hole, the button may just pop out and release the locking mechanism.
  2. The locking mechanism may be spring loaded and pushing in on the spring mechanism with wire or similar will bypass the locking funtion. Turn the handle while the spring loaded mechanism is depressed.
  3. The locking mechanism may need to be turned. Take a very small screwdrived and grind it until it's thin enough to enter the hole. Once in, turn the locking mechanism a quarter turn and open the lock.

Sunsh> I have a dorm room and I share a bathroom with one other person in a

Reply to
SunshineTeam.net

You didn't ask for this advice, but I would suggest locking the offender out of the bathroom from time to time to see how he likes it.

David Ames

Reply to
David Ames