Emtek Mortise entry set

I need to re-key an Emtek Mortise entry set. I can take it all apart, but I can not get the cylinder out from the front. How do I release the cylinder to re-key it?

Reply to
K6PMF

Are you sure it is a Mortise set? Not just their standard entry set. What model is it? If it is just their standard set, on some you take off the inside panel, then you can get at the screws that hold the outside panel on. Once you have the outside panel off in your hand, you can see how the cylinder is held in place.

Dennis

K6PMF wrote:

Reply to
Dennis

If it's "all apart", it should be obvious?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes, it is a Mortise set -- I went to their web site to get the correct model and name. The outside panel is not off -- it is being held on by the outside cylinder (so, it is not completely apart). The question is: what is holding the cylinder in? There is a long thin screw going in throught the side that might hold the cylinder in place (like on a commercial door), in which case once that screw is removed, the cylinder should unscrew from the front. But it will not -- or at least it is difficult to rotate (maybe because it is an Emtek).

Thoughts?

Dennis wrote:

Reply to
K6PMF

Reply to
pickproof

door drilled wrong, and its binding on the wood? UNDERNEATH the trim?

insert key fully, pull back one 'click' (pin spacing) and CAREFULLY use it as a turning wrench.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

or be real safe and use an uncut blank-LOL

Reply to
goma865

Thanks all -- that did the trick. It was binding and just tough to unscrew.

Steve

snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

Reply to
K6PMF