gumball lock

I've only been in the trade for about 6 months so bear with me a little bit. My lil sister has an old Acorn brand gumball machine that she has, of course, lost the key. So being the helpful big brudda I wanted to help her find/make a new key. Any ideas, other than take it to a locksmith? Thanks, BTW it is a double sided key, and no I didn't try to pick it since she just showed it to me about 10 minutes before I left to come home from vacation.

Thanks for your time.

RT

Reply to
R.W.Thompson

Wouldn't it be better to use a 360 degree pick set like the "DeWalt" one?

Peter

Reply to
Bushy

One trick I have found is to pick the lock to 45 degrees and pack in wet thread into the keyway. This hold the nest in place so that you can then unscrew it without it relocking. I have tried it with hot wax and have had luck, but it is messy to clean up. If you are replacing the nest, this way works ok.

Reply to
Nyberg Lock Company

Reply to
"RC" da "PCDJ

with me a little

that she has,

wanted to

it to a

didn't try to

before I left to

you have to unscrew the lock plug to get it open. you're going to have to pick it (1/4 turn at a time) to get it open. (good practice)

be sure and bring you're lunch :-)

g'day

Reply to
"Keyman