Shaw-Walker Cabinet

I have a customer with a Shaw-Walker fire-proof filing cabinet with what looks like a Pundra lock with code S42. I have opened the locked cabinet for the user but they would like a key or new lock. I do not have a code for the Pundra lock nor the blanks. I could replace the lock with a Chicago if I could figure out how to remove the existing lock. Since it is a fire-proof cabinet, the inside is solid with no access to lock cavity. The lock is in the upper left hand corner of the cabinet.

Anyone seen this style or know how to remove the lock ?

Thks and Brgds

Reply to
_Thumper

Usually four tumblers. Just impression. Ten or fifteen minutes. No prob.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

Are you sure it's a Pundra? Maybe if the code were S042, but I'm thinking it's a Hudson (H20, 1003M).

Reply to
KDF

Thanks for the replay. I would impression but I don't stock the blank and hate to buy when I do have a replacement lock that I'm pretty sure will work just fine, if I can get the existing lock out.

Thks and Brgds

Reply to
_Thumper

Reply to
_Thumper

Is it double-sided? If it is, then you're right, it probably is Pundra. If it's not double-sided, I would bet it's Hudson. The original H20 and Ilco

1003M are common blanks. Why don't you stock some or get a few from a fellow locksmith? It seems to me you're going to a lot of trouble to replace a lock when you could easily just make a key.

Reply to
KDF

it should be a YALE

Reply to
JOCK tec

but I'm thinking

that could also be a Pundra code. however, genericode shows it be a double sided key. if single sided ? your correct. its probably a hudson.

my2

Reply to
"Key

Cost you two bucks or so to get some blanks for a fifty dollar job. Your choice. Beats the heck out of trying to cut through gypsum to get the lock out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

Don't know off hand what you have to do to interchange the lock (just what you wanted to hear I'm sure). However blank is listed as Ilco 1568. Impression or give me a shop number I can verify with information in your city and I'll call you with the cuts.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

S42 shows to be Ilco 1568 Double side assymetric 4 positions each side. Only thing I see under that code for Shaw Walker. Specifies Pundra lock. For what all that's worth.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Reply to
dwambsgans