Ace II lock

Hi all,

I bought an old pepsi machine the other day and it came minus the key.. It has an Ace II lock and I was wondering the best (cheapest) approach to get in.. Would it be cheaper to drill the lock and replace, or hire a locksmith and get a new key cut ?

(I know absolutely nothing about lock-picking so diy is outta the question)

Also, if there's someone near the Mount Forest area in ON, Canada that would be willing to do this for a few bux, let me know..

Regards, Chris

Reply to
Skeleton Man

Well I don't know if you'll get it done (professionally) for "a few bucks"

Prices vary greatly geographically, but here (in Baltimore) I get $50 S/C, $20 to open it (special tool for "tubular" locks) and about $20 for the new lock (NC for replacement - very easy).

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Doesn't need to be a pro.. long as they can open it without too much hassle..

Regards, Chris

Reply to
Skeleton Man

the 'cheapest' would be you take it to locksmith, and leave for a bit.. ace II are fun..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

If they could be opened without too much hassle, they would not be used on coke machines.

Reply to
Peter

Can it be drilled ? (thinking it might cost me less to drill the lock, buy a new one and fit it myself) I only paid $100 for the machine, so I don't wanna spend $50+ on a locksmith if I can buy a new lock for $20..

Regards, Chris

Reply to
Skeleton Man

Ottawa Canada

Not sure where you find a locksmith in Mount Forest Ontario.

Try the Yellow Pages.

You could also try phoning up Pesi and explain the situation and see if they will provide you with a key.

Many vending operators are careless and leave the machine with the lock it came with from the factory and a lot of times all machines leaving the factory are keyed alike.

Brian

"Skelet>>Prices vary greatly geographically, but here (in Baltimore) I get $50 S/C,

Reply to
Brian K.Lingard

Depending on how old this Pepsi(Not Coke)machine is,it may be worth more in the long run if you have someone make a key specifically for the lock.Sometimes they are more valuable with original parts.You might try calling Pepsico.(Not Coca-Cola..LOL)

goma.

Reply to
goma865

I'll give it a shot.. I know the key number because it's written on the ring around the lock..

Regards, Chris

Reply to
Skeleton Man

If you try to drill the cylinder and end up screwing up the entire lock, it will cost you quite a bit more. The whole lock and cylinder is much more expensive than just the cylinder itself. (Not to mention a much bigger hassle to replace)

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

You mean as in the T-handle ?

Regards, Chris

Reply to
Skeleton Man

In that case a locksmith should be able to make you a key by code (once you prove it's yours of course)

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Lessee now..... call Pepsi and ask for a key that fits all their machines. I'm thinking. Now, supposing I was a Pepsi guy, what would I say?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well if you are in the vending business lugging the machine around should be no big deal. Just bring the machine to the lock shop and get a key fit.

That would be the cheapest, easiest way.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf