Key for trunk of 1992 Plymouth Acclaim

A friend has a 1992 Plymouth. As an original owner, she had one key that would operate ignition, doors and trunk. About 5 years there was some work done on the car. After that it took two keys, one operated the ignition and doors and the other key operates the trunk. I don't know what happened but I suspect the trunk lock was replaced.

My friend would like the trunk fixed to work with the main key so she only has to worry about one key. I assume that a locksmith can change the trunk lock tumblers to work with the main key. Is that correct? Assuming it is, what would be a reasonable charge for that service if she brought the car to the locksmith? She lives on the north side of Chicago. I'm trying to convince her to live with both keys but she is stubborn. ;-)

Reply to
njoracle

Probably, unless someone did something particularly weird.

Ask locksmiths in that area. This varies by regional costs of doing business.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

or they may have lost her key and had one made incorrectly.

92 acclaim had two code series. G1-1394 blank Y154 J1-3580 blank Y155 one key did fit all locks.

not sure of the price in Chicago. prices vary depending on the geographical location. around here, Louisiana. the price would be around 25 to 35 bucks. if the lock doesn't have to be replaced.

- "Key"

Reply to
Key

That's what I think happened. See my reply to Shiva.

Thanks for that ballpark.

Reply to
njoracle

Is'nt that G0-1394 (Y154)?

My book shows only one code for 90-92. Could have started the other code during the year.

goma.

Reply to
goma865

my bad... G0 instead of G1 is correct.

in genericode, the code series G1-G1394 covers years 89-92 and the first of some 92 models.

yep, 92..

Reply to
Key