1 key, many different locks?

I am looking at a possible project, but have no locksmithing knowledge. I would like to know if the following is possible for a skilled locksmith.

I own a jeep wrangler that has an aftermarket gas cap lock and a hood lock (to prevent the hood from being opened). These two devices have different keys, and in turn are different from the ignition key.

Is it possible for a locksmith to replace the locking mechanisms in both devices so that 1 key will open both? Is it further possible for the two devices to be replaced in order that they could be opened with the ignition key.

Thanks for your time and knowledge,

Jay

Reply to
JayD

At one time an AMC/Jeep had an ignition key that would have made this easy, But I'm not sure what year Jeep you've got, or what key it uses.

So the answer is: It depends.

Reply to
George Richardson