how to fix lock

I aquired a small fire safe. The combination lock is inoperable. I took the inner cover plate off and took the lock out. There are 3 'D' shaped pieces that were laying loose inside. I opened the lock up and could not figure it out. Hmmmm. Any websites out there that might show the proper way to reassemble and how to set or figure out the combination?

Reply to
Daryl Helwig

feed.stanford.edu!postnews1.google.com!not-for-mail

Brand?

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Its a Schwab. About 12 X 18 inches or so. I determined that the 'D' shaped pieces are shims. I figured out basically how it works...how the little notches in the 3 cams must line up. I see how the cams are controlled. I don't see how to get them in there proper positions and then read what the dial is set at. Hmmm. I'm getting there but some advice would help. Thanks.

Reply to
Daryl Helwig

ews.ems.psu.edu!newsfeed.stanford.edu!postnews1.google.com!not-for-mail

Schwab is the safe brand but what is the brand of the lock? It should be on the back cover plate. There should also be a model number.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

io-state.edu!n

ews.ems.psu.edu!newsfeed.stanford.edu!postnews1.google.com!n ot-for-mail

snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com>

snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com>

(20 Jul 2003 03:01:57

message

figured out

cams must

how to get

dial is set at.

Thanks.

lock? It should be on the

just wondering ? why you started posting headers ?

Reply to
"Keyman

No good reason. Just because I had them enabled to read them on a few posts and keep forgetting to snip them out or not quote them in replies in the first place. Or for that matter just disable them again

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

OT

snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com>