Jam Spreader

Anyone use HPC WE 15 Door Jamb Spreader? Any opinions? Thanks, William

Reply to
William S. Gilman

This question was asked once before. From the silence, I think the answer is "Nobody uses it." Personally, I think this comes close to the last-refuge-of-the-incompetent category.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

Nobody answered because it's a butcher tool and if anyone who posted here did use one, which I doubt, well I can think of one guy in NY but that's neither here nor there, they wouldn't own up to it.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Fire and rescue depts. use them but then they don't really care if the door and jam is destroyed. Immediate entry is the main concern. Provides work later on for others. Like locksmiths. ;-)

The "K-tool" is another good tool for emergencies but also very hard on locks and doors.

Ralph

Reply to
Pumper Hinkle