Key Machine Cutter Sharpening Service

Just a quick reminder that Gil-Ray Tools can sharpen dull cutter wheels like new. The savings can quickly add up: for example Borkey cutters costing $140 new are sharpened for $41.25. These wheels can be sharpened up to 6 times before replacement is needed. Its like getting free cutters when you finally need new ones. call 989-892-6870 for details. Gil-Ray has over 60 years in the cutter business.

Reply to
David Deuel

"David Deuel" snipped-for-privacy@chartermi.net wrote spam in message

---snip the spam---

Reply to
Key
1) Don't let Key get you down; he never has quite grokked the distinction between advertising and spam.

2) However: Posting ads into newsgroups tends to be ineffective, and may even produce some boycots. The *right* way to use a newsgroup to advertise your service is to become an active participant and member of the community, to include a minimal (not more than three lines) ad as your signature block, and ... when it's appropriate ... to point out that you offer a product or service which addresses a topic which has just happened to come up for discussion. If you can't afford to invest that much time... don't post; just create a website and let us find you.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

"Joe Kesselman" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in message news:VMWdnaGgmrmV snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

I don't have a problem with the difference at all. when one comes to a news group with the sole purpose to advertise. they are posting usenet spam...

Reply to
Key

Then keep your opinion to yourself and send your "abuse" reports to the ISP's involved in the communication...

We do not need to know your opinion of such posts -- it is very clear... Your responses to usenet spam can also be considered usenet spam themselves, as there are no moderators on usenet so no one has extended you the power or authority to make such public determinations on its behalf... You have the right to your opinions and to express them Key, but you are no better than the class of people you consider "spammers" when you sink to their level and harass them back...

Ever wonder why occassionally we get a "troll friend" that overtly harrasses posters to this newsgroup -- look deep into your own self and you will see what is apparent to many here -- that your running commentary on what you do or do not consider to be spam attracts more attention than simply deleting the message and moving on with life after you forward you complaint to whoever it may concern...

Evan, ~~ formerly a maintenance man, now a college student...

Reply to
Evan

Your response to his response to spam being spam can be considered spam...................

Yada, Yada, Yada......................

Geeze.

Bob

Reply to
Bob B.

you have your opinion and I have mine. like you said, "there are no moderators on usenet". so get off my ass Evan...

Reply to
Key

Therefore, your response, to Key's response, to Evan's response, to Key's response, to David's spam (did I get that right?) - if in fact it is spam, which apparently is still open to debate - [pause for deep breath]...... would also be considered spam? :o

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML, CJS

NOT ANYTIME SOON...

You cause a lot of the shit around here with all your "abuse" replies... Why not try to learn from the patterns in the past and keep THAT particular opinion about "spam" to yourself and see if things run more smoothly...

But you can be a block head at times, so I am not holding my breath...

Reply to
Evan

Time to once again cite my standard essay-in-verse on this topic:

Joe Kesselman

no, its an opinion. those trends have been around here longer than I have and will be here long after I leave.

everyone is intitled to their opinion and so am I...

I do that also...

again, thats an opinion and your certainly entitled to it.

yea right ? the internet would be faster if I posted differently. NOT..

you have been around here long enough to know I speak my mind. I always have and always will. (no pun intended)

nuff said on this subject.

Reply to
Key

Uhm... Get off ours?

If you want to send an e-mail to someone whom you think is abusing the privilage, or to their ISP, that's your choice. There is absolutely no need to share your annoyance with the rest of us by posting to the newsgroup; doing so only makes the situation worse, and the inevitable debate makes it worse again.

If you voice a public opinion, be prepared to accept others' responses. If you don't want to hear 'em, don't start the sequence. Just killfile the offending party and you, at least, will never hear from them again.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

"Joe Kesselman" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

not on anyones ass Joe.. just telling Evan to get off mine..

noted, however this is an open forum and when someone/anyone voices their opinion towards me. I will voice mine.

I accept "others' responses" and respond acordingly.

there are only trolls in my kill-file...

Reply to
Key

LOL...

Given how easy it is to post to a newsgroup the same troll can have many accounts, from different ISP's and in order to be even remotely effective your kill-file would have to be quite large to have any real impact...

Do you kill-file those posters whose messages you respond to with your boilerplate anti-spam message ???

Reply to
Evan

it is.

no, I ignore them after. but I do kill-file the trolls that respond to my "anti-spam message". (I don't consider you a troll Evan)

Reply to
Key

you are such a stupit tard mrs. key get off my ass.... lol bwahaahaaahaaa really i cant believe you told him that

Reply to
Mary Ken Frenchu

"Mary Ken Frenchu" snipped-for-privacy@loose.gov trolled in message

---snip the troll---

thought I would read this one too before sending you back to the bozo bin..

<plonk>
Reply to
Key