Locksmith Dictionary additions

The LIST Council is pleased to announce the availability of a peer review listing of terms to be placed in the Locksmith Dictionary. This work is nearing completion and your review of these proposed definitions is important to the locksmith industry. Please go to the link below and send any commentary as directed. Thanks in advance for your help on this project. BBE.

Billy B. Edwards Jr.

Tried to send you this as mail, but it bounced...

Lite: Uses the phrase "to admit light" twice; remove the second.

Mykey: I've encountered this once or twice (deliberately?) misspelled "Mikey chart". Might or might not be worth adding that as a "Misspelling of mykey" entry in the appendix.

Should "spider cam" and "spider lock" cross-reference each other, or is that obvious?

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

How about an addition for your list.

Stigmata: (Noun)

The spontaneous eruption of blood from the palm of the locksmith's hand, usually observed when attempting to remove a stubborn screw from a mortise cylinder.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

------------------- Stigmata: (Noun)

The spontaneous eruption of blood from the palm of the locksmith's hand, usually observed when attempting to remove a stubborn screw from a mortise cylinder.

I like this one a lot -- I had the same problem once replacing the cylinder on one of the doors opening into the pool at the school the company I work for has the maintenance and custodial contract...

Evan

Reply to
Evan

Reply to