Locksmith Dictionary additions

The LIST Council is pleased to announce the availability of a peer
review listing of terms to be placed in the Locksmith Dictionary. This
work is nearing completion and your review of these proposed definitions
is important to the locksmith industry. Please go to the link below and
send any commentary as directed. Thanks in advance for your help on
this project.
BBE.
Billy B. Edwards Jr.
Tried to send you this as mail, but it bounced...
Lite: Uses the phrase "to admit light" twice; remove the second.
Mykey: I've encountered this once or twice (deliberately?) misspelled "Mikey chart". Might or might not be worth adding that as a "Misspelling of mykey" entry in the appendix.
Should "spider cam" and "spider lock" cross-reference each other, or is that obvious?
Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam
How about an addition for your list.
Stigmata: (Noun)
The spontaneous eruption of blood from the palm of the locksmith's hand, usually observed when attempting to remove a stubborn screw from a mortise cylinder.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf
------------------- Stigmata: (Noun)
The spontaneous eruption of blood from the palm of the locksmith's hand, usually observed when attempting to remove a stubborn screw from a mortise cylinder. --------------------
I like this one a lot -- I had the same problem once replacing the cylinder on one of the doors opening into the pool at the school the company I work for has the maintenance and custodial contract...
Evan
Reply to
Evan
I've messaged my ISP about that a number of times. I think it is a side effect of some virus/spam software they have running. I do get the messages, you just always get a bounce message. I don't understand it and they can't seem to be able to fix it. BBE.
"Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam)" wrote: > > Tried to send you this as mail, but it bounced... > > Lite: Uses the phrase "to admit light" twice; remove the second. > > Mykey: I've encountered this once or twice (deliberately?) misspelled > "Mikey chart". Might or might not be worth adding that as a "Misspelling > of mykey" entry in the appendix. > > Should "spider cam" and "spider lock" cross-reference each other, or is > that obvious? > > -- > Joe Kesselman,
{} ASCII Ribbon Campaign | "may'ron DaroQbe'chugh vaj bIrIQbej" -- > /\ Stamp out HTML mail! | "Put down the squeezebox & nobody gets hurt."
Reply to
Billy B. Edwards Jr.
or from the knee while impressioning! :-) BBE.
Roger Shoaf wrote: > > How about an addition for your list. > > Stigmata: (Noun) > > The spontaneous eruption of blood from the palm of the locksmith's hand, > usually observed when attempting to remove a stubborn screw from a mortise > cylinder. > > -- > Roger Shoaf > If you are not part of the solution, you are not dissolved in the solvent. >
> > The LIST Council is pleased to announce the availability of a peer > > review listing of terms to be placed in the Locksmith Dictionary. This > > work is nearing completion and your review of these proposed definitions > > is important to the locksmith industry. Please go to the link below and > > send any commentary as directed. Thanks in advance for your help on > > this project. > > BBE. > > > >
Billy B. Edwards Jr.

Site Timeline