Looking for TRTL-15 or better gun safe.

Key all I did was pose a very simple question. You gave a poor answer that indicates you are not the security professional you like to pretend you are. I specifically asked for a trtl-15 safe. I was intentionally very very clear. What did you do? You linked me to Fort Knox which in so far as I can tell has nothing even close. You also DAGS on "gun safe". If you really knew anything you would have known better than to send me to a bunch of generic gun safe listings, although someone who does actually know his trade did apparently find one that would meet the criterion. There were actually some other good responses but you were not one of them. I didn't make you prove how clueless you are. You did it all by yourself. I especially liked the way you came back hours after I posted who I really was and why I started the thread and tried to CYA by making other recomendations, but still not a specific make or model because you would have to actually know something of safes to do that. Key it wouldn't matter that you don't know much if you didn't pretend to be a security professional but you do. Are you even a locksmith? I'm not. It's OK to admit it if you aren't.

Reply to
Mathews

Key kindly watch your language. As far as your qualifications you demonstrated them quite clearly when you sent me to Fort Knox after I asked specifically and very clearly for a trtl-15 or better rated safe. As far as trolls you peg anyone who gets the better of you in debate as a troll which means virtually everyone who you have ever debated any point with on usenet, must, in your mind, be a troll.

Reply to
Tim Mathews" <Tim

You can classify it as what you like. I actually like a number of trolls. Some of them can be very entertaining and more than once I have seen a supposed know it all like..............well I won't say who, he already knows who he is, ripped to shreds by one. Logic is still logic even if used by a troll.

but as a puzzle

Wouldn't have worked. The posers would be wary of that right off the bat.

That would have come across as a friendly game;

I would never deny I'm a smart ass. Unfortunately for some people I'm a smart ass who poses questions they are unable to answer.

Reply to
Tim Mathews" <Tim

Key if you were really sick of it why would you continue to respond? If I get sick of something I simply ignore it. I don't even have to KF it. I have the self control to simply ignore it altogether. The fact is Key I did nothing to you. You did it to yourself. I specificaly asked for a trtl-15 safe and you linked me to a bunch of stuff that didn't fit the criterion. Simple as that. If it makes you feel better to call me a troll have at it. I don't care. There are many many trolls on usenet far far more intelligent and knowledgable than you will likely ever be. Stop trying to pretend to be something you are not and you won't find yourself in these positions. You may, or may not, be a locksmith, but you are not a true security professional. Stop pretending you are.

Reply to
Tim Mathews" <Tim

"Tim Mathews" <Tim Mathews@ snipped-for-privacy@spamthis.net wrote in message news:VMf%g.18478$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...

what part of "I couldn't care less WTF you have to say" do you not understand ?

Reply to
Key

OK; that's bear-baiting. Knock off the ad-hominem stuff; there's never any justification for namecalling unless you are, in fact, trolling.

Plonk.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

.... Yeah, Tim is apparently here to have an argument. Unfortunately Key's never been good at resisting one. Definite plonk.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

Key, if you didn't care you wouldn't respond. Further I don't understand your hostility, other than in the context of you simply being an angry old man.. I simply gave you a chance to prove how little you know. You didn't have to take it.

Reply to
Tim Mathews" <Tim

An ad-hom attack is a personal attack to discredit someone's arguments. Key's own statements and arguments clearly demonstrate he is not the security professional he claims to be therefore my statement is simply that: A statement supported by Key himself.

Reply to
Tim Mathews" <Tim

"Joe Kesselman" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in message news:hP2dnfZVgfLLnaPYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

but I am trying Joe. I really really really am :-)

g'day

Reply to
Key

"Tim Mathews" <Tim snipped-for-privacy@nospamfortim.net wrote in message > Key, if you didn't care you wouldn't respond. Further I don't understand

ok timmy, I won't respond to your (clueless about me) troll any longer. oh yea, I will tell ya that I have owned and operated a very successful Locksmith business for past 25+ years. actually, I retired from the day to day 8 years ago at the age of 45.

see ya ! <plonk>

Reply to
Key

Personally I'm pretty happy he posted it. I would have bet money there was no TL30 'gun safe' now I know who makes one.

Reply to
Steve

=_NextPart_000_00C5_01C6F8AC.AC5CE3F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Billy I know you are try to help and I do appreciate it but please = read what I wrote again. I am looking for something with at a minimum a trtl-15 rating. If you know of a gun safe with this rating, especially in the 1200.00 range please tell me it's name because I would buy it today if = I can. Please let me know because I can't find any. Most that I can find = are not even B or C rated even on the door and their only claim to a UL = rating seems to be for fire protection. With due respect I don't think that = many would consider a trtl-15 with a fire rating a "jewlers vault". This = term or similar seems to be reserved for the 30 and mostly 60 minute rated = units. I have found a trtl-15 fire resistant unit that meets my current needs = but leaves little room for expansion for as low as 2500.00 used. The = interirior isn't really designed for guns but I could make it work in a pinch. = This is at the low end of what I'm willing to spend. I am really just = wondering if there are any gun safes that have this or better burglary ratings? I = do understand the need to back up with an alarm but with police response = being what it is I want something that will make even an expert work hard to = beat it in the time the alarm response would allow. >

Reply to
Bill Halle

=_NextPart_000_00D6_01C6F8AE.0A5A0EF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dear Tim, Here is the straight answer from Knight Safe

. Their website specifically mentions jewelry for TRTL usage- his is a = short exerpt. TL-15 Benefits:

=B7 Burglary loss prevention

=B7 Employee theft loss prevention

=B7 Insurance coverage requirements met

=B7 Jewelry insured to $135,000

=B7 Natural Disaster loss prevention

You should also know that the door is much thicker and tougher than the = sides- you want TRTL x6 for complete protection. For the size of a gun = safe TRTR-15 x6, about $75,000 new.

For your purposes, look at a "B" rated safe, as it provides you with = burg and fire protection, they are made by gun safe manufactures, and = can be found for about 3 grand.

Reply to
Bill Halle

Key with his 20+ supposed years of experience didn't.

The reason is obvious: you want such a container, and you

And your evidence for this is what? Cheap people you know?

If you think you can build such a

Why do I have to build it and sell it for that price? There are people who have better jobs than working down at the local fast food place.

I'm sure you'll make a

Actually no. At least one example was posted with a 30 minute tool rating.

Many of them do not have a UL fire

It is not burglar-proof.

Nothing is burglar proof which is what there is no "burglar proof" rating.

Reply to
Tim Mathews" <Tim

It's too bad in 25+ years you didn't learn how safe ratings work.

Reply to
Tim Mathews" <Tim